Chapter 50

I wasn’t sure how to feel actually. I was happy as hell, of course. How could I not be? It was just hard to imagine. Like, how had this happened again, ya know? It was so rare for this to happen again though. It was hard for me to even understand. Is that love? When you can’t even comprehend it? Ha, wow my life was fucked up. One thing I know is that, I won’t let myself get hurt again. I’ll be damned if I let him break what is left of my heart.

        “Phone.” I reached across Shawn’s lap, but I was far from the stand next to the couch. His eyes were playful and he grabbed my hand. I wasn’t in the playful mood. I groaned, and sat up from his lap, trying to retrieve it. I had to call Elizabeth, she asked me to call her sometime today to talk, I have no idea why.

        He smirked, and lightly pushed me back onto the couch. 

        “You don’t need anyone but me, right?” Shawn’s mouth was turned up, but I was mad. Why did he have to always be like this? He always thought he was so clever.

        “Hand me my fucking phone or I’ll shove my fist up your ass.” I stood up, and grabbed my phone. Guys are so difficult. 

        “Jesus, alright. Why the hell are you so angry all of the sudden?” He said as he moved to the far end of the couch. “I was just trying to be romantic, or something, you know.” His head fell into his hands, and I sat on the opposite end. 

        I sighed, and dialed Elizabeth’s number. I didn’t mean to be so rude, but that stuff was just like him. I wonder how this is ever going to work. Now, he’s going to try and sucker me into an apology. I have him figured out already.

        “Hey, I’m sorry. I just wanted to have some fun. You’re not any fun anymore…” His voice dropped as he shook his head. 

        “You made me this way.” I whispered and walked to my room, slamming the door behind me, as Elizabeth picked up the phone. 

        Mykenna! Oh gosh! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? Girl, I miss you soooo much, seriously. How’s life? Better I hope. I love you! Anyway, soooo! Nash says he wants to buy an apartment near me so we can see each other more! I’m like, so happy that he is out of school, ya know? I think we are going to get married eventually. He’s bae. ANYWAY. What’s up?

        Nothing.

        Fun! Fun! Okay, soooo um Nash told me, that Matt told him, that Jack g told him, that Shawn and you are hitting it again? Seriously? Dang. He was a total asshole, and it’s back on? Damn, he got a spell on you or some shit. 

        I guess. 

        Okay! Well, always use protection. I have to go, just wanted to tell you I wuv you, and I needed the Shenna details! Bye bye!

        She ended the call before I did, and I slipped it into my sweats pocket. A short phone call for just that? Typical Elizabeth. That’s why she is my best friend. I slowly opened the door, and walked out to see Shawn missing. Wasn’t in the kitchen, in the living room, anywhere. Wow. Okay, fine with me. Now I had the whole couch to myself.