Chapter 15

The next day I woke up with swollen, puffy eyes. My head felt like I had gotten ran over. I could barely breathe, my throat was so dry. I looked at my phone seeing it was only 8:00am. I had 2 new messages. Both from Shawn.

From: Shawn

What happened to Cameron? He has a broken nose and won't tell us how. He's your boyfriend, so you must know.

From: Shawn

Cameron still won't talk, please call me Kenna. I'm worried.

        I started crying fresh tears. I couldn't bring myself to tell the boys. It was hard enough to tell myself. I though I would have to tell them eventually. I didn't want them to know, they would looka  tme differently. I didn't want pity. Considering tommorow was Friday, it would get out at the event anyway.

         I had never been this sad, and upset my entire life. I got up and decided to not lay around like most girls would. I was better than that, and I knew it. I took a quick shower and pulled on leggings and a loose sweatshirt. I did my makeup nciely, but let my hair dry itself, and walked back to my phone. I quickly sent Shawn a message. Might as well hear it from me, even though I wasn't very happy with him after asking Caleen out.

To: Shawn

Something did happen. Meet me in my room in 5 minutes and we can talk.

        I sat back on the bed and noticed Elizabeth was gone, she left a note saying she was with Nash. Probably living her perfect little life. I knew I had no right to be mad at her, but I couldn't help it. She always got what she wanted. I crumpled it up and flushed it down the toilet. Who needs stupid guys. I do, I thought to myself. I walked back out to the main room and sat on the floor. I held my head in my hands and tried not to cry. Maybe stuff was better off now. I heard a faint, but urgent tap on the door.

        "Open." I croaked out, and winced at the feeling in my throat. He opened the door, revealing a very handsome Shawn. He quickly came in and closed the door.

        "Ok, spill Kenna. What's up?" I looked at him and faked a smile.

        "We were playing hide and seek in the dark and I accidentally tripped him and he fell hard on the edge of the bed. It started bleeding and I felt bad so I left." Giving a fake laugh, hoping he would buy the fake story. It seemed good enough, I was usually somewhat good at convincing people of things.

          Shawn came and sat next to me on the floor. He looked in my eyes for a few minutes before slowly saying, "You don't look so sure Kenna." I shrugged, He put his hand on my shoulder. And then I lost it. I cried so hard I thought I would vomit. I cried so hard it felt like I would never stop.

        Suddenly Shawn grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap. He held me and I buried my face into his embrace. He didn't even ask what happened until I was done. I melted into him, like he was air and I couldn't breathe. I leaned back, wiping my eyes and muttering an apology about him having a girlfriend, getting make up on his shirt, about blubbering.

        He didn't let me go and just pulled me closer. He whispered and said, "Tell me Kenna. I want to help." I looked at his sad, full eyes and I gave in. I told him every detail of what happened. At first he looked considerate. Then he looked full on pissed, and I felt his body go very tense.

        "Are you fucking kidding me? Why would he do that to you? He's so unappreciative. I could treat you so much better." He said through gritted teeth. Wait, what was that last part?