Witches

The three girls were in the lobby at the Town Hall when Gaia joined them. The mayor had called their house demanding for them to be there. It made them all nervous seeing they were the only four there. Gaia kept asking any of them questions like if he said why they had to be there. Ryan Ashley barely had an answer.

They waited a few more minutes before the mayor walked down a hallway to them. The mayor really didn't like the witches at all and avoided them at all costs. It looks like whatever he called the four of them over to the building was important. He cleared his throat and the gilrs politely greeted him.

"I've just gotten a call that a man has gone missing. He goes by the name of Austin Peterson." The mayor said unhappily. He felt more uncomforable about supernatural creatures. The girls barely knew who Austin was. He did frequently visit the park but paid no attention to them. Ryan Ashley took three steps forward. "As a leader, I'll be speaking for all of us. Does Mr. Peterson's disapperance have something to do with us?"

The Mayor didn't speak right away. Ryan Ashley instantly knew what he was thinking. "Mayor Lockwood, we are peaceful witches. We hardly know the man." The three girls nodded in agreement. Lockwood sighed in defeat. "Are you aware that he's been studying the supernatural esspecially vampires?" The look of surprise on the four girls face told him they had no idea.

"I thought he'd go to you to learn more about those things. Any reason why he'd be interested?" The mayor asked curiously. Ryan Ashley gulped nervously which surprised the other three. It was rare she showed fear. "There's only one vampire left in the entire world. I know him personally and I know the vampire wouldn't have an interest in humans." Mayor looked at the temporary leader suspiciously.

Ryan Ashley sighed heavily. "He was a good friend until he hurt my witch sister Sabrina. After that, I don't think he's seen another human being in over ten years." Jaime and Kylie had to resist looking at Gaia thinking about her feeling of carrying around garlic all day. Gaia was wondering if that's who was chasing her in the park earlier. "What should we do?" The mayor asked meaning the whole town.

"Simple. Dont go out after dusk and don't invite anyone in. If you have to go out after dark, carry around garlic and that's usually enough to keep him away. I'll be honest, I don't think the vampire would travel half the country for no reason." Ryan Ashley spoke sounding bitter about it. She hasn't spoken of her once a friend in over a decade and she wasn't liking that he was around. The mayor still didn't seem happy with how this situation was getting. "Do you think he's here for you?" Mayor Lockwood asked in the same bitter tone.

Ryan Ashley took a minute to think. "No, He has no idea where I am." She replied honestly. The mayor was silent for a minute to think. "The whole town will do as you suggested until further notice." He finally said before dismissing them. "However, if that vampire is in town, I want him gone by whatever means necessary." Lockwood said before they were out the door. The four girls nodded understandingly.

When the got home, Gaia sat them down and told them what happened at the park. She wasn't surprised Ryan Ashley was the most upset. "He can't be here." She said wanting to be in disbelief. Yet, she knew the vampire's hunting technique. He'd try and sneak up and attack but this time, it was a very sloppy job that resulted in failure. It wasn't like him since the vampire was such a perfectionist. Something didn't add up.

Kylie turned on the tv to distract them for just a few minutes. The mayor was already making an announcement about Ryan Ashley's suggestion. Gaia went to the kitchen to start the oven to heat up the now cold pizza. Jaime went to the bedroom then returned with a book about the supernatural creatures. Ryan Ashley sat there wondering why the vampire would be here or if he wanted to see her which was a slim chance. She tensed up when a thought came to her mind. Devin was here earlier, and his friends would follow each other's path no matter where they go.

***********************************

I nearly forgot to update because Ive been in Chicago all day. I had fun!

How are you liking the story so far? What do you think is going to happen next?