Recognizing the voice I whipped around to face a toothy grin and the white bones of Sans.

Sans!

That sick rascal who had gotten me punished so many times in Cortex!

I could never pin my information on him, and The King Of Cortex, (Or so they call him) would order my punishment to be more brutal than the last, all because I could never figure out Sans's plans or weakness.

He was just too unpredictable, and as I saw him behind me in the library after I had only escaped about sixth months ago, I had the sudden urge to deck him in the white skeleton nose.

"You again!" I stated with shock and anger guiding my voice, my mind suddenly reeling with memories of when he tried to get into Cortex and steal away their business plans.

The ones I created.

Though he only chuckled in a response and tipped his fedora to me as he winked and said, "In the flesh. Well- Bones. I'm all bones if you haven't noticed."

Growling at him with complete disgust, I thought of the times I would try and put his information together, try and figure things out about him, yet it would never work because the information would never make sense!

I would study recorded conversations given to me by spies.

I would study photographs given to me by guards who claimed The King Of Cortex ordered me to solve them.

I would study documents and files all on his name because he was the one monster I couldn't figure out!

Yet there was was in front of me, making cringy jokes about skeletons.

Though I didn't work for Cortex anymore, and I remembered my place in putting that all behind me.

I could never go back to that torture, to that abuse.

Instead, I was looking to the future, looking for knowledge I could keep to myself, without any orders or stress.

"If you want this book, then it's too late," I claimed as I twisted back forward in my chair, trying to ignore my interest on his mystery, "I've already checked it out. Come back in one day and it's yours."

"One day?" Sans said with surprise as he walked to the side of me, his perplexed eyes on the book, "That short? Then how come you're always turning in your books late dolly?"

Shocked with the nickname and the question, I acted without thinking and scolded, "Jeeves told you! He wasn't supposed to do that he was supposed to erase my records!"

That's when I realized what I said and my face burned pink and sheepish as Sans chuckled and clarified, "Well, no actually. I overheard your conversation. But thanks for the extra knowledge."

I fought another urge to growl, and I narrowed my eyes in a glare, unsure of what I could say to this fool.

Lucky for me, I didn't need to say anything because he continued, "And as much as I would like to learn about and read-" He paused for a moment and lifted the cover of my book to peek at it, then read it slowly, "-'The Pythagorean theoremand more', I was more interested in the reader than the actual book."

Yanking the book away from him and slamming it shut I stood up and gave him a sarcastic smile with narrowed eyes as I teased, "Well aren't you a charmer? Sorry, but I'm not interested in anything you have to say."

Though it was a lie.

I was very interested in this character, mostly because I truly knew nothing about him, and spending most of my time in Cortex studying him and his younger brother, I had grown used to them as my entire life's work.