The night we met

"Take me back to the night we met"

Melinda was running through the New Yorker streets, trying to catch the next subway.

She was already screwed. Tomorrow she would have her first mission together with an male agent. And her mother told her she'll habe to sleep soon to be good at it. And Melinda wanted to be good. She wanted to be the best.

"Mummy please!!" A little boy was crying and Melinda looked over her shoulder. A second later she bumbed into a person.

"Hey!" The person was shouting and she turned back to him. A man, probaly her age, was standing infront of her. And he was hot. Really hot.

"Ohh excuse me" Melinda apologiesed and tried to take her eyes of the handsome guy before her.

When she finally reached his eyes she regonzied that he was starring too. "Im Phil. Phil Coulson" he said and stepped backwards. "Melinda May" Melinda answerd and stepped backwards too.

"Beautiful Name" Phil wisperd. "Ehmm thanks... maybe I should buy you some waffels to make me feel better?" Melinda didnt know why she said that. Normally she let the guys making the first steps.

A little smile apeared in Phils face. "I would love that"

3 minutes later they stood infront of a tiny caffee. "I can already smell the waffels" Phil  surpised "Look I told you this are the best waffels ever!"

As Melinda wanted to open the door Phil grapped her hand. Melinda felt a strange warm feeling rushing up her arm and turning her skin red.

"One free waffle" Phil read and pointed at a little sign next to the door "but only for couples"

"Ohh we really dont have to do that" Melinda wisperd "Im rich enough to buy two waffels..." "Its gonna be fun" Phil assured her and opend the door.

They were welcomed by a sweet smell and a waitress. "Hello honies" she pointed at a desk nesr the window "I guess you're here to eat waffels?"

Both agreed and Phil grapped Melidnas hand even tighter. "We're celebrating our second anniversary today" he lied and gave Melinda a quick kiss on her cheek.

Melinda turned even more red. The 'kiss' was amazing. She wonderd how a real kiss with Phil would feel like.

"I would like to have these chocolate waffels" Melinda orderd and smilied at Phil. They were having a date. 30 minutes after they met. Thing were going fast.

"And I'll take the blueberry waffels" Phil said and looked at Melinda again. "Soo let me guess.. you're 24 years old?" He asked.

"Yes.." Melinda answerd "how did you know?" "I'm working on my skills for 3 years now"

Melinda freezed for a moment. She was doing the exact same thing. Since her 16th birthday her mother allowed her to finally train like a real agent. She started marshal arts years before that but her mother didnt wanted her to try things like 'undercovertraning'

"And you're in college I guess?" She asked him. Just to be sure. She didnt want to cause any trouble. "I was. Then I decided that I'll just work at a car workshop."

"Ahh a car guy" May laughed. "Yes I am" Phil agreed "I have a red car named Lola. If you want I can indroduce you to her. She would be very happy"

Melindas jaw dropped "You gave your car a girl name?" "Yes why not? Im against all this males-are-better stuff

Do you wanna meet her?" Phil asked again. Maybe he was serious. Maybe he really wanted to try it with her.

He gave her a little card. "My phone number" he said and pointed at his name.

Philip J. Coulson.

35 minutes and she had his number. If they would stay at that speed they would be married in a week.

And she had to admit: she wouldnt even hate that.