chapter one: the big reveal

started: 8th august 2019
ended: NYA

LINDY'S POV

I had the biggest smile on my face.

I was currently driving home, with Chinese takeout, a gift for my gorgeous husband, Cameron King, (to congratulate him on his promotion) and some big news. The road was very clear, so I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Lindy:
hi bubs. i've got takeout and some big news :) i'll be home in ten minutes, I love you.
Seen 5:47pm

He didn't reply. Which I didn't mind of. He's probably in his office, working. About fifteen minutes later, I pulled up into my lovely house and parked my black Range Rover Sport, that Cameron had got me for my birthday last month.

I practically sprinted over to the door, unlocking it and getting inside. It was cold outside because it was coming to the end of the year. It's October.

"Cam, i'm home sweetie!" I yelled. I didn't get a reply, so I took my heels off and went up to his office. He's normally up there when I get home from work and he wouldn't hear. With the two bags of Chinese takeout in one hand and a hospital document inside another bag, with the gift in it. I opened the door to his office and walked in.

"Hi," I say to him.

"Hey, how was work?"

"It was great." I tell him, smiling.

"Good. What you got there?" He asks.

"Uh, dinner. Can't be bothered to cook. And, this," I say, holding up the bag. With a smirk on my face, I place the bag on the table and he looks at me weirdly.

He peeks inside, and pulls out a box, opening it, he picks up the gold watch I bought him. His mouth gapes open a bit, "You shouldn't have, Lindy,"

"You deserve it baby. The official head of your dad's company? It's cause of a celebration, it is your legacy. And, there's something else in there-"

I was cut off, when a woman walks in. Daisy Handman, probably the person I hate the most. I despise her. She bullied me from sophomore to senior year, and it ended when I had moved to Sacramento, for college, where I met Cameron. After getting married, we moved to New York, as work called and it was closer to our former homes.

Cameron grew up in a group foster home in New York because his parents died when he was young and he inherited all they had when he was 18 - hence why he's working for his biological family's company. He keeps contact with his foster sister. I was born and raised in Washington, DC. I grew up with two siblings - an older sister, Zara and younger brother, Luca. Luca is currently 13 and Zara is 27.

Anyways, Daisy was never a nice person. When she wants something, she will happily take it. I do respect her for that, though. It's led her to her success.

"Daisy," i acknowledge her.

She gives me a dirty look, eyeing me up and down, ignoring me. She walks over to Cameron and starts massaging his shoulders. He looks up to her and smiles, and she hums in response.

"What's going on here? Why are you touching him like t-that?" I stutter, growing nervous.

"It was about time we told you," Cameron paused,