When he descended the last stair, Eren made his way towards them, walking with a stride that screamed attention. The brunette stopped just a few feet away from them, not even acknowledging Erwin's or Levi's presence as he spoke,

"Marco, Jean. I'm heading out for a while but I'll be back soon." He said. It was possibly still dark out but he knew daylight would come in three hours or less.

Jean piped up, furrowing his brows as he stared at Eren's shirt. "Uh, is that bertholdt's shirt---?"

Marco kindly smiled at Eren and nodded. "Of course, Eren. Just, please be careful?" He regarded the brunette.

Eren stared at him for a moment before quickly looking down and pretending to wipe dust off his shirt. He cleared his throat, a small, faint blush to his cheeks. "Y-yeah. See you later." He mumbled, turned on his heal and as he passed Levi, he felt their shoulders brush slightly, for just a second.

He caught a whiff of a strong, clean, yet musk scent from the alpha before he walked away. He wouldn't deny that it smelled amazing to him and some part of him, a small part actually, itched to go over just to have some more of that addicting scent. Though he would not allow himself to do such a thing. He didn't know Levi nor did he want to.

Outside, Eren was heading straight for the giant gates when his name was called. He stopped in his steps, and looked over his shoulder. Narrowed, green eyes searched behind him until they landed on a blonde figure running towards him. He sighed and although he didn't want to wait, stayed where he was. He raised an eyebrow as they came to stop just a few feet behind, their hands on their knees as they panted heavily.

When they glanced up at him, blue eyes sparkled with intelligence and curiosity. A young boy, possibly a beta and around the same age as Jean with a scrawny body. He wore a loose white shirt and black pants with some shoes. His blonde hair was styled into a bob cut some strands clinging to his face with sweat. Then the boy smiled as he stood up straight, a blush on his pale cheeks.

"Y-you are Eren, right?" He laughed nervously under Eren's sharp yet cautious gaze.

Eren nodded slowly, then stared at him. He really wasn't in the mood to be bothered but this boy was making it difficult to shoo him away. Eren wasn't sure if it was because his innocent look or something else, but for some reason the boy's presence wasn't bothering him.

Eren sighed and nodded, he turned back away and began to walking. Two guards spotted him and when he gave them a firm nod, the two metals doors were pulled opened with a loud creaky-groan that resounded through the air. He strode forward, ignoring the other boy who followed him closely. He really didn't know why he was following him but didn't question it. If the kid wanted to join along, it was fine by him though he wasn't planning on babysitting the blondie.

Once the gates slammed shut with a loud clang behind him, Eren's bright green eyes searched his surroundings for any hint of danger. It was quiet, and very dark, the moonlight from above casting a light blue glow over the cracked and dried grounds. There was a shift of clothes behind him and Eren looked over his shoulder to the nervous boy. He furrowed his brows and spoke, his voice soft.

"What's your name?" Eren asked.

The blonde's eyes shot up to meet Eren's. They widened briefly before looking down. "M-my name is Armin...." He stuttered quietly.

Eren blinked once then twice before looking away. He felt a urge to comfort the young boy. He pondered for a moment, tilting his head back to stare up at the bright moon and the twinkling stars in the night sky. The slight breeze of wind brushing against his bare legs.

You're not here to make friends. He reminded himself but he found himself saying,

"Hey, Armin. Do you know how to use a gun?"

Armin perked up, a gentle and small smile breaking out on his face.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sorry if this chapter was confusing. I've been a bit busy lately and kept adding bit by bit each day. Also next chapter we meet Mikasa! The Queen 💕💖 I can't wait for it xD

I know there wasn't much interaction with Levi and Eren but no worries, there will be soon. I'll also be adding a side ship between Farlan and Eren cause there isn't much of that haha.