Chapter 4

The room was dead silent as all eyes were on Eren. The sudden attention and question had him scoffing and standing up from the old chair he was seated in. He didn't miss the way most of the alphas eyes shifted to his legs. It wasn't like he cared if they stared, after all he's been ogled once too many times throughout his encounters with various alphas.

Eren tilted his head, and stared right at Hanji who was looking back at him, waiting for an answer. Everyone else stayed slient. His lips twitched slightly. "And why would you ask that?"

Hanji crossed her arms and pushed her glasses up on the bridge of her nose. She started, "Well, for starters you have a very alluring and peculiar scent. Something I've read that only omegas and alphas have. You're obviously not an alpha like most people here nor are you a beta, even if you may seem like it. If you haven't already noticed, most of the alphas in this room are affected by the unique smell you emit. Even I, being a beta and all, could smell you from where I'm standing. Second, you have a feminine mien to you. Especially for a young male. Now that's something we don't see everyday." She chuckled and slowly eyed Eren's figure, not out of desire but interest.

Then she met Eren's gaze and Eren couldn't help but stare back into her eyes. She was smart. Incredibly so. She continued. "So my conclusion is that you are an omega. But, here's the thing, omegas started going extinct centuries ago. The reason why is unknown to me and everyone else on this damn planet. Most people believed they were just myths but I took interest in learning about omegas and our dynamics in what little knowledge was left behind from 40 years ago. And you, Eren," She pointed at Eren. "Suddenly, you pop out of nowhere, especially during the worst of times," She gestured around herself. "With all the attributes an omega would have. So tell me, Eren, are you an omega or not?"

Not at all fazed by her discovery, Eren only sighed in defeat. It wasn't like he wanted to keep his status hidden, but there were people out there that wouldn't hesitate to hurt him in the most unthinkable ways if they found out what he was. He knew his scent attracted alphas from around but his threatening and domineering aura was enough to ward off any trouble. Well, there was no use keeping it to himself now that everyone knew. His only hope was that they didn't freak out and would leave him alone. His voice was devoid of any emotion as was his expression when he spoke.

"Yes. I am a omega." He admitted.

The room was silent again as everyone stared at him, most in shock and bewilderment. Then suddenly Hanji broke the silence with her screech of excitement.

"WOOHOO! I knew it! I knew it all along!!" She laughed hysterically as she bounded around the room. She then whirled to Eren with a manic glint in her eyes and drool dripping from the corner of her mouth. Next thing Eren knew, Hanji was on her knees in front of him, pleading. "Oh, please let me run some tests on you! You'll let me won't you, Eren?" She whined, tugging at his oversized shirt.

Eren scowled and took a step back from her, ignoring her desperate, reaching hands. He turned away from everyone and began heading for the stairs but stopped and looked over his shoulder. "If any of you bother me, I'll slice you up to pieces and feed you to the looters as bait." He threatened, his eyes locking with Levi's.

The raven only gazed back at him with an unfathomable look in his eyes but broke his stare when a petite strawberry haired girl from behind him set her hand on his shoulder, drawing his attention away from Eren.

Eren whirled back around and headed up the stairs, the coolness of the stone stairs against his bare feet sending shivers throughout his body. He didn't listen to Hanji's pleads nor the calls of his name from Marco and Jean as he continued his way up the stairs. He didn't feel like lingering any longer around anyone. Right now, he needed a break.