Jokes On You- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I-I I don't think you would be the best person to talk about it with." I regretted the words as soon as they came out of my mouth and cringed. My arm moved away from my face to finally look at him, and even in the dark room, I could see the hurt echo across his face.

"Oh... um, well-."

"I didn't mean it like that, it's just something that doesn't necessarily include you. I don't know if i'd ever want to talk." I stuttered out in a bout of drowsy rambling. Dick moved off the bed and went back over to the door. Looking back over his shoulder before he grabbed the edge of the door.

"We all get nightmares Percy, but I know the ones that hurt the most are always the ones we need to face." I swallowed at that, not wanting to meet his eyes in the slightest degree.

Nothing hurts more than what you know to be the truth.

"Wait!" Dick turned back around from the door to face me. Sporting a look of 'What do you want, make up you mind ignorant child.'

"I-I need to talk to you in the morning, before school. Nows not the time, but I think you should know somethings. About me, I-I just need you to know." His face softens a bit.

"Yeah," He says after a moment. "Yeah, that sounds like a plan."

"Good night." I called out, I got no response.

My head slammed into the soft cotton pillow, having me wish that it was something a little harder than fabric.

The next morning I was true to my word, not running away at the last moment, no inexcusable excuse for ditching out of any sort of social interaction. Nope I was going to face this head on like a man. Like I person of the male gender. Like a normal person within the homo sapien species. Oh who am I kidding, like a 9 year old with semi-crippling social anxiety and some other deep issues that shall not be named.

I twisted the faucet until a steady stream of water was rushing through it and I splashed the cold liquid unceremoniously onto my face. I ran my hand through my knotted hair and stared at my face with only three thoughts. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him and I didn't know how dominant that part might be that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Four thoughts, there were four. Last one being I was so screwed.

And then I was in front of him, standing in the doorway of my room simple observing as he sat on the bed-like the night before- with crossed arms and a scowl. I didn't say anything, didn't do, not moving a muscle or blinking. I didn't owe him anything, owed noone anything, but he needed to know. It was hard though, to finally move from the doorway of the room and sit across from him in the black computer desk chair. I couldn't help that the movements were despondent.

My hands settled in my lap and I blew out a breath of stale air. Dick remained the same, only raising his eyebrows.

"What do you know?" I asked him first. I had no idea what Bruce had told him, what he knew about who I was.

"I feel like that's the question I should be asking you." He murmured under his breath, still visibly peeved.

"Just answer the question." It came out harsher than I had meant it to. He glared at me through the tops of his eyes.

"You want to know what I know?" He nearly shouted, I made a vague noise of conformation. " Well heres what I know. I know that your name is Perseus Achilles Jackson. You are nine years old and currently living in a guest room at the Wayne manor because you mother was tragically killed by your Stepfather."

He got up off the bed and I wheeled back in the chair.

"I know that you had discovered our secrets before you even came to live here, in the hospital. I know that you know everything about us, what we do and what we have gone through. I know that you have some sort of power that allows you to see the actions and the past of others."