The Art Of Not Following Orders

I had been 'watching' a business deal go down between Lex Luthor and the League of Shadows. After stalking Luther's actions for weeks, watching him meet with some of the most notorious villains, I found that he was holding a meeting in a secret base. Well not so secret anymore.

I was getting a bit confused, all he was talking about was something called the light. I always mentally recorded his actions, everyone's actions, and they hadn't ever mentioned the topic of the light. What was it? A weapon?

"Luther" The leader of the League of Shadows interrupted harshly, cutting short the CEO's plan of action, something about venom. His face was impassive but his eyes burned in annoyance. "Why do you need to waste are resources to create this venom?"

The CEO just sighed in response like he was talking to a child. He walked away from the master assassin and faced right where my consciousness was placed. He couldn't see me of course, he was a full mortal, but the crazed look in his eyes that could rival the joker's unnerved me.

"Oh Ra's" The man inquired looking back over his shoulder with a small unsettling smile. " Well need to enhance our distraction." The man let out a small chuckle as he walked to the bolted door.

"Soon they will see the light." My eyes mentally narrowed at the man, could he get anymore creepy? I watched as he left the metal room out of the door and Ra's soon followed suit, stepping into the shadows.

I retreated from the room and followed Luther down the long metal corridor. His footsteps echoed loudly against the concrete floor with every stride and he had a smirk on his face like he was about to rule the world, which would be horrible. He continued to glide into a room through another bolted door and took a seat at what could be called a desk, but was more like a high tech holographic slab.

He put his hands under the surface of the hologram and lifted his hands up. As if it was an actual material substance, the hologram lifted up with his hands and viewed a calling screen.

A scowl etched into Luther's features as he answered the call a man popped up onto the screen. The man had brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, sorry I mean man-tail, and wore a large signature white lab coat over a red shirt and brown pants. The surrounding area was lit up by fluorescent light, but was still relatively dark and dank. The place seemed to be carved out of the ground, rock formations hung from the roof and metal platforms hung from the sides about 20 feet in the air.

"Dr. Desmond, what is your update?" Luther asked gruffly and the man through the video call, Dr Desmond straightened his spine like he was trying to look more presentable.

"Project Kr is fully completed, I need authorization to continue with phase 2." The doctor disclosed trying to look confident, but failing, badly.

"Proceed with phase 2, test the behavior of the weapon this time, we don't need another failure." Luther responded harshly to the doctor and he nodded almost shrinking at the CEO'S words.

"Understood sir phase 2 will be completed over the course of a week."  Luther swiped his hand through the call with disinterest. The malevolent man sighed and rubbed his eyes in vexation.

"Computer, show me asset E348 Delta" His voice rang out through the metal room strenuously. The holographic screen pulled back and it showed a white room with someone screaming on the table.

My blood ran cold.

Curly blond hair.

Grey eyes.

Sharp youthful features.

On the table was none other than Annabeth Chase.

"Let me go!" She screamed and thrashed around on the black patted table. She was strapped to it by several overlaying padded ropes. She wore her usual grey dress with swirls and a black cloak. Her usual pendant hung from her neck along with an inhibitor collar and this time she sported a black domino mask, but you could still see the trepidation in her features.