Women should learn to build each other up rather than tear each other down and accept each others peculiarities without being judgmental.
That was my motto.

"So let me get this straight, while I've been trying since my sophomore year of high school to get your shape, you're now trying to lose it?" Rickie questioned.

Rickie was more on the slender side and was extremely stunning. Sometimes people even mistook her as a model. She had beautiful brown skin with freckles that fell sporadically on the top of her nose, middle of her forehead, and some under her eyes. Her hair was always fleeked, whether she was rocking some sort of protective style or her natural short, curly hair.

"Oh no, I'm too lazy for all that." Nabora corrected.

"I wish y'all would shut up. You both look fine, everybody has flaws." I asserted.

I wondered why humans were never content with themselves, why we always seemed to not only criticize each other, but our own flaws as well.

The two didn't say anything and I knew the conversation had been deaded. They always did that when I said something that didn't have a response to.

"Who's that in Mrs. Neebles front yard?" Nabora asked.

All three of us stood up and walked into the grass and there he was. Kaleb Baker, sweat dripping, body glistening in the sun. He wasn't the scrawny little something I remembered as a little kid. No, he was a man now.

My eyes devoured every single inch of him as he pulled his arm back, set, and threw the football in his hand to the little boy that was standing across the yard from him.

"Hubba hubba." Nabora let out, eyes full of lust. I side-eyed her. She had completely ruined the moment for me.

"Nobody says that." Rickie responded, irritated with her as well.
"Well, I just did. Now what?" Nabora looked, catching an attitude.

My eyes turned back to Kaleb playing football. "Do y'all even know who that is?" I bit my bottom lip.

"No..." Rickie stated. Her too, looking at him to figure out who he was.

"That's Kaleb." I stated, almost as if I was in some kind of utopian state of mind.

"Oh, shit!" Nabora yelled. "Damn he look different. He got fine." She nodded her head.

"Oh yeahhhh," Rickie remembered. "I wonder why he moved back."

I continued staring at him, waiting for him to notice me. Yeah he may have gotten cuter, taller, more muscular, but I would be able to recognize him anywhere.

It could be twenty plus years from now and he had grew a long beard or shaved his head and I still would be able to tell him apart from anyone else in the room.

His light had always shined bright, even when we were kids.

"I remember his daddy was working his shit that day in the front hard. I wouldn't even want to come back after some shit like that." Nabora said.

I rolled my eyes as Rickie busted out laughing. I looked at the two.

"Glad to know y'all think domestic violence is funny."