Chapter 19

"Yes!" I smiled with glee. He looked at me with happiness in his eyes and his adorable smile written on his face. I jumped into his arms, embracing him. Clinging onto his crisp white t-shirt for dear life. I missed this. His smell. His smile. Him. His arms wrapped around my back, pulling my body closer to his.

"Can i take you somewhere?" He whispered in my ear, making a warm blush rise onto my cheeks and a shiver which rolled down my back. We broke away from the hug.

I nodded, grabbed his hand. "Always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked away from the HQ along a surprisingly familiar pathway, with the floor coated with dried leaves. Passing tree by tree, L then stood behind me, putting his warm hands over my eyes, blocking my view.

"L?"

"Don't worry, i'm here."

We carried on forwards until we came to an abrupt stop.

His hands left my eyes where i viewed:

' With glowing fairy-lights dangling and flowing from tree to tree, lighting them up, to cast their green upon the world again. And a wooden plank formed into a semi-circle with these cascading steps leading up to it.'

That's why it's familiar.

Tears clouded my eye sight making it blurry. Tears swirled down from my eyes towards the floor as L looked over to me with a broad smile swept upon his face, it soon disappeared as he saw me crying.

"[f/n]?!"

"..."

I stayed silent. The only sound that could be heard was my silent sobs.

Why here? Why can't I tell him about the real me? Why does he love me? I feel I have betrayed him. Like usual I'm a disappointment...Like usual.

My knees caved in, falling towards the floor.

"[F/N]!" He yelled as my knees crashed into the cold floor.

I looked up at his fear struck face, "My Lil Lawlipop." I said lowly as i cradles his pale face in my shaking hands. His eyes widened. He stepped back. Slowly backing away further and further away from me.

"[Y/n]?" He said my name. No fake persona. No alias. Just me. Just my name.

I burst out crying with salty tears rolling down my face.

"I'm so....sorry, Lawliet..."

Once i said his real name a look of pure disgust was smeared across his face.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" He yelled...I have never been yelled at l before...My head was towards the floor away from the hurt L, i slowly stood up and...

Ran away.

From L.

From my problems.

From my identity.

So i ran and ran, but as the tears fell down my cheeks towards the floor leaving a trail of misery following me. As i emerged from the woods, my eyesight was now blurry, unable to see i kept running and running and running. With no sound of L behind me, i ran across the empty road.

As i took my first steps across the road, a speeding car zoomed past, picking me up with all it's strength and hatred of the world and threw me like a rag doll onto the cold hard road where my head hit the ground, a darkness grew around my eyes where all i saw was a figure in the distance walking away....

L help me...Don't leave me alone...Please.