Chapter 41: Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

Dumb people. He was surrounded by idiots.

"You know that I love you, right?" Not as much as he hated her at the moment, but yes.

"Just get to the point," why the fuck did he ever agree to Vincent's proposal. And where the fuck was he right now?

"I want ice-cream," she put it bluntly and he shrugged. Okay, that won't be that hard. Vincent had spare cars he allowed Nikolas to use, some YUGO or ZASTAVA from Balkan that weren't expensive, but good enough that would have a hard time betraying Nikolas' driving abilities. Or so Vincent said and Nikolas managed to rip the doors from it, send one tire flying to the nearby house's roof, rip the brakes and somehow crash all windows.

Now that wasn't really his fault, really — that time, that is. It was attempted assassination and the car served him well despite ending in some tree branches and he had to give it a passing mark. Good job done, creators of that car.

And once Vincent realized how far could those cars take Nikolas and keep him alive, he bought him five just to make sure. Well, with Nik's driving abilities, they didn't last even two months, but they all crashed honorable deaths.

Ah, good old times indeed.

"Okay, well then. I'm off to—" he said, grabbing the keys (Vincent never gave up and kept buying those cars in case situation where Nik needed them arrived) and headed outside, hoping that he'll make it without getting stopped by a policeman again, when Kaley interrupted him.

"From eucalyptus and tacos!"

The fuck? What the actual fuck did he just hear her demanding with those ears of his?

"What?"

"Okay, doesn't have to be from those two. Just buy a normal ice-cream with eucalyptus and chips with taste of tacos and we'll use blender and... Why are you looking at me like I've grown another head? I'm serious here, I want it!"

Ah, what ever would he give just to have been born in some normal family, he couldn't even start counting.

"Kaley... You do realize that you're demands are impossible, right?"

"You're rich, they're not."

He rolled his eyes, she seriosly just hit the spot he's been tormented by the most. He seriously hated his life.

"Kaley, it doesn't have anything to do with my financial situation—" and just as he began to defend himself, she chose to interrupt her.

"Then what's wrong? You have the money, you can buy — I don't see any problem with it"

Illogical and unreal, his sister was seriously one in the million.

"Kaley, what have you been doing past two hours?" he asked leaning on the wall, amazed that the fever and lack of sleep haven't taken him down yet as he tried to make her come to her senses.

The fuck is with tacos and eucalyptus? It's chilli! Bloody chilli and wasn't that something pregnant women weren't supposed to eat or something? He wasn't sure, he had to Google it later.

Always rely on Google, Google is good.

"Having fun?" it sounded more like a question than statement because she wasn't sure what was he implying.

"Eating!" he yelled, "Pizza, macaroni, fried chicken, chicken nuggets and wings, beacon, cheese, jam, pancakes, Nutella, chips, popcorn, more chips, Oreos, hot dog, juice, ramen, more pizza and hundred more things, Kaley!" he wasn't exaggerating at all, "How the fuck did it even fit your belly?! You can't eat anymore, it's too much and..."

"I can and I will! I want ice-cream! And tacos!"

"You can't and you won't!" and she didn't even give him a single thing out of them, she even threatened to stab him with a knife! Which explains why was he in the kitchen eating cereals with wine.

He can't say that it was bad, because honestly it tasted good. And it had enough proteins and sugar to keep him sane for the time being, so he was fine with that meal.

"I will or I'll complain to Vincent!"

"Well Vincent isn't here, is he?" why the hell was she using their father like a five-years old? Truth to be told, since it was Vincent they we're talking about and she just happened to be pregnant at the moment, his only daughter, he would actually stand for hear and demand Nikolas obeyed her. Even if he was the one who needed supervision and care.

Though he was fatigued and tired, he wasn't letting it show on the surface. Nikolas knew better, weakness could kill one in the business he was in, and with the amount of enemies he had, he couldn't afford that single mistake.

But seriosly, where the fuck was Vincent? Since they just found out about Kaley being pregnant, Nikolas expected for their father to be around her 24/7 and celebrate, yet ever since he left to check the state of his apartment, he hasn't heard a single word of him.

"Where is he anyway?" he asked Kaley who only shook her head.

"He went to the shop, to buy milk," she replied as he only gave her his best 'seriosly' look making her shrug.

"When?" he asked, he went to the shop or ordered food over fifteen times past two hours and Vincent couldn't have done it a single time.

"A bit after you left and left Alis plotting to murder you and complain about you not understanding her feelings."

He didn't even want to know what the hell was that about.

"That was over five hours ago, Kaley!"

Could it be that he was actually turning senile and forgot who and where he was?

Just at that moment, his new phone began to ring. Ever since he bought that thing, it's been getting him in trouble. Every single time that phone rang, it brought some black news in his life. So why? Why was it ringing again?

Should he answer or... Ah, it was just Vincent.

Looking at the caller's ID, Nikolas breather out sigh of relief. It was just good ole Vincent, he couldn't possibly bring bad news. See, they probably found him and it was time for fun and family bonding.

Answering the call, he brought the phone closer to his ear, ignorant of the painful reality and was just about to say something, but Vincent turned to be faster.

"Hey, Niko. I know this is sudden and all, but I've been kidnapped."

What?

What?

No, seriosly, wait what?

"Got it, dad," with broken smile on his face reflecting a will that came to know of despair, Nikolas spoke before ending the call:

"Good luck then."

He and his big mouth.