One

"This Is Too Much Work" Amari Complained As He Took Another Box Out Of My 2015 Camry. We Had Been Moving Boxes For The Past Four Hours Trying To Get Everything Moved Into Our New Townhome.

"Well Your Dad Should Be Here Soon To Do The Rest Of The Work Since He's Late" I Said Before Wiping The Sweat From My Forehead. The Sun Was Extremely More Hot On This Side Of Earth.

"He's Always Late" Amari Said Followed By A Chuckle. I Playfully Rolled My Eyes Because He Wasn't Lying. Tristian Was Always Late Especially When It Involves Something Like This. I Heard A Car Pull Up And Turned Around To See Tristian's 2018 Lexus Parked On The Grass.

Amari Came Out With A Huge Smile On His Face, It Brought Me Joy To See How Close They Were. I Was Grateful For It As Well Because Soon It'll Just Be The Two Of Them.

Tristian Got Out The Car Flashing A Bright Smile As Amari Dapped Him Up. "What's Up Old Man" Amari Joked.

Tristian Ran His Hands Through Amari's Head "What's Going On With This Hair Boy?" His Father Asked.

I Laughed "I Told Him It Looks Like A Rat Nest"

Tristian Leaned Towards Me To Kiss My Cheek.

"What's Up Baby Mama"

I Gave Him A Upset Look, Tristian Knew I Hated That Title And I Didn't Want Him Saying That Especially Around Amari. He Looks Up To Him And Watches His Every Move.

"Sorry Sorry" He Whispered. I Pushed The Box Against His Chest.

"Here...And You Can Get The Rest Of The Boxes Too" I Faked Smiled Walking Into The House.

"Damn Pops" I Heard Amari Say.

I Heard My Phone Ring. I Grabbed It Out Of My Back Pocket To See Kelly's Name Across My Screen Making Me Smile. I Missed Her So Much Along With My Other Best Friend Michelle. We All Grew Up Together. Kelly Had Been My Neighbor Since Forever And Michelle's Mom Worked With My Mom For Years.

I Answered Without Hesitating As I Walked Back Into The Home.

"Hey Boo!" Kelly Said

"Hey Girl" I Said

"Uh Ah What's Wrong? Tristan Ass Ain't Show Up Yet?" Kelly Asked Hearing The Annoyance In My Voice.

I Giggled "No It's Not That, He Knows I Hate When He Acts All...Ya Know. He Called Me Baby Mama That Just Annoyed Me"

"Child, You'll Get Over It. How's The Unpacking?" Kelly Asked.

"It's Coming Along.We Got All The Dishes Unpacked And Our Beds Up. The Furniture For The Living Room Is Here We Just Need To Unravel The Paper" I Explained

"How's Amari Doing?"

I Shrugged As If She Could See Me "I Think He's Okay...He's Just Taking It All In. I Know It's Not Going To Hit Him Until I'm Actually Gone" I Said Softly.

"Don't Speak Like That Bey...I Hate It Too Okay?" I Felt Tears Filling In My Eyes. That Lump In My Throat Was Beginning To Form.

"We're Not Going To Cry Over This Because Your Not-" She Said

"I Try Not To Think About It. It's Just So Hard To Put On A Smiling Face In Front Of My Child When He Knows His Mother Won't Be Here Forever"