CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed

Începe de la început

"Wow. That's... Thank you." I don't know if I'd be truly happy about that, knowing that someone else's parents are willing to take me, not my own parents. But far from that sad thought, I am grateful for them.

"We are here to help you, Baby Doll." He said, caressing my cheeks. The only comfort in the world right now, being with him.

"Thank you." I said and smiled at him genuinely.

It's around ten in the morning, and the sun's rays pierced over the leaves of the trees, the gush of the wind as it rattles against the trees sounds like music to my ears, making this one fine day. I closed my eyes, feeling and drowning myself at this moment of tranquility. And that knowing Kohell's beside me, I'll be safe. He's my safe haven despite all the facts associated towards his true identity as a vampire. Everything, I know, everything about this vampire encounters would boil down into a possible bloodshed. But I'm going to end this, once and for all. Simone and her cronies won't succeed. Whatever it is that they are planning, I promise, they won't succeed. Whatever it takes.

"You know, you're gorgeous. And quite effortlessly." Kohell spoke.

That's when I opened my eyes and smile. "Still fascinated by looking at me secretly?" I said smirking at him.

"Well, what can I say? Old habits die hard." He said grinning.

He stared at me for a few moments and reached for my hand.

"I promise, this time, I won't leave you. I promise we'll be together forever. I promise you that, Baby Doll. I'll tear every vampire or human who's to harm you. I'll end every breath they'll have. I won't let them touch you. And Simone, she knows better than to mess with a Treyson Vampire. She's going to pay for all she's put you through. I'll destroy her. I promise you that." He said with great conviction. I was rather amused at his enthusiasm to end this fight. The sincerity in his eyes gives me strength and I ain't a fool to think I can do this alone. Yes, I said it before, that I don't want to drag them down with me, but seeing as how determined Kohell and his family is to help me with this, it lifts a few pounds of weight that was loaded to me.

"Raven."

Both of us turned when Kohell's mother called out to him. We stood up and walked over to the house.

Seeing his mother's serious face is making me nervous. We followed her all the way to the receiving area where the rest of the Treyson family has gathered.

Hessa handed Kohell a scroll with the seal opened.

I have no idea what was written in that but seeing everyone else's serious faces makes me think something bad has happened.

As Kohell is reading the scroll, Kelly approached me.

"Do you have a sec?" She whispered. And I nodded in response.

She lead me towards the balcony, overlooking the vast forest.

"I know this makes you feel uncomfortable." She began.

"What are you talking about?" I asked curiously.

"Our family, well technically, the Treysons are one of the oldest vampire families that are still walking this Earth. Everyone in the vampire community, even their grandsons, knows the Treyson Vampires are very strong. They'd cower down if crossed paths with them. But like all strong families, be it humans and vampires alike, they have enemies. People who are envious enough to destroy those who are at the top every chance they've got. And today's news proves it." She explained.