Secrets out

He looked at me speechless not a single sound left his lips as his eyes scanned mine. Carter, I asked who is that?" I asked again though gritted teeth staring up at his tall figure towering over me.

"Umm..he's uhh..a friend" he nervously stuttered out. He was lying to me and it infuriated me even more. How can you just lie to me like this,what could be so hard to tell me

"A friend?" I questioned ".. Oh.. okay then you wouldn't mind me asking your friend a few questions" I asked pushing pass him and walking up to the guy who looked just as shocked and nervous as Carter. He looked back and forth between both of us as if seeking permission whether to let me in or not.

"Isabella wait-" before he could even hold me back I was already in front of the big guy. I looked behind him through the door and saw a few men and five angry looking woman around my age or a little older standing and glaring at the men. Guns and deadly weapons were everywhere and the whole room smelt like drugs and alcohol.

I stared into the room then to the guy and back down at Carter. I had no idea what was going on, to say I was confused was a total understatement right now. Walking back to Carter he avoided my gaze as I stood in front of him.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" I asked him staring him dead in the eyes as he let out a sigh.

"... Yeah" he sighed looking at the big guy at the door. He nodded at him as the guy stood to the side giving us space to walk insude. He took my hand and led me inside the big room.

************

"So your telling me that your the freaking leader of a gang!!" I yelled after carter finished telling me the whole story. I was currently inside the same room with five other men I learned where mike, emelio, Jason, creg and Damon with their girlfriends Lola, kamelia, dashanel, Kimmy and onesia. Lola is Mike's girlfriend, kamelia is emelio's, dashanel is Jason's, Kimmy is creg's and onesia is Damon's. Their all in the same angry state as me because apparently we're all just finding out that our boyfriends were members of a gang. I have to admit it is kind of ironic how we all found out at the same time though but I didn't question it, I was way too caught up in being angry that I cared the least about anything else happening.

This..this is just so much to take in at once. First the thing with Jessica which was already so much on it own and now I'm finding out carter is a gang leader. What the hell have I gotten myself into.

I slowly got up out the seat..

"Carter can I speak to you outside?" I asked quietly

"Sure" he said getting up and we both walked out.

"Why didn't you tell me about this before" I asked staring into his eyes that showed all different types of emotions which I couldn't seem to understand

"I..I guess I just didn't want you to get hurt. I mean your really smart and I knew you'd find out eventually but...I just didn't.. "he stopped letting out a shaky breath" I thought I was protecting you from me and the things I do and get myself into all the time. I didn't want you to find out because I thought it would change who you see me as. I know we've only known each other for a short while but I've grown so close to you, closer than I've ever been with any girl in my entire life and I didn't want to risk losing you and what we had " He said staring down at his hands.

"That still didn't mean you had to lie to me all the time. You said you didn't want to hurt me and in the end here I am.. hurt, that you'd keep secrets like this from me ." I said as he stared deeply into my hazel eyes.

"I know your hurt and I'm sorry,I really didn't mean to make you feel this way"He said staring down at me."I didn't even know it would have affected you like this or I would have just saved all this" he motioned throwing his hands in the air " and just told you from the start." he stated . I could see he really means it but he still didn't have to lie to me. I know he's only protecting me from the painful truth of what he does but he could have at least told me in a way that I could understand but instead he had me find out like this.