Awoken

The last thing I remember seeing was a panicked looking Vance as he steered the car toward the opposite side of road then everything seemed to happen in slow motion, as his body went sideways mine lurched forward and I felt as thousands of shards of glasses cut into my flesh as I flew through the air.

Stupidly I put my hands out in front of me to brace myself for the fall against the ground. I hit the road and slid a little before I was finally still.

Everything in my entire body was on fire and weak and all I wanted was to turn my head to check on Vance.

I used every ounce of energy to just pick up my head and look back...but I couldn't. I couldn't move anything.

I felt myself beginning to lose consciousness, my breathing quickened before before I just stopped and succumbed to darkness.

'WAKE UP!'

*silence*

'GET UP FOR MATE!'

I began to grown in protest, I didn't want to wake up and feel the pain anymore. Everything hurt and I felt extremely drained.

'KEEP GOING!'

The voice was so familiar, but I knew it couldn't be her, not my wolf, she was gone forever.

I tried with all my might to move even just a little but still nothing was happening.

'If I come out, it will be painful.'

I gave in, I didn't know what to expect but the next thing I knew my body began twitching before all the bones in my body felt like they were breaking then contorting into different directions. I felt as every ligaments tore and rearranged, strengthened and stretching to the max before I felt every splintered bone reconstruct, it was like going through my first shift all over again but a thousand times worse.

I kept my eyes squeezed shut because I didn't want the pain to be real, I didn't want to see the blood on the ground or the shards of glass and scrapes of metal around me.

But the minute I heard something approaching me my eyes flew open.

The first thing I saw after the accident was familiar eyes, large brown eyes full of warmth and relief.

His big brown head bowed down and he touched his nose to my own, a small sound of whimpering escaped him.

He shifted back and I found Vance.

He was trying to get me to move just like the voice before.

"Come on baby, you've shifted, everything should be healed enough for you to move even a little."

I whined, it still hurt.

"Okay, if you can shift back then I can carry you the rest of the way to your Aunt's place."

I was able to nod and focused on turning back. The process didn't hurt as badly but once he scooped me up I felt better.

"Vance, how...-"

"I don't know." He admitted just as scared and confused as I was.

He continued to carry my naked form back toward the packhouse, could it be true that our wolves were back.

My hands around his neck I could feel that the silly lollipop ring he had given me was gone.

"My rings gone." I sounded blankly.

As he walked on I could feel the tingles that I thought were lost to me, I could smell his incredible scent, the same one I thought I'd never smell again...I couldn't help but cry now as I buried my face into his neck.

"I'll buy a box of them for you babe...please don't cry."

I smiled, it wasn't why I was crying...I was happy.

Once we reached My Aunt's house we heard as everyone came rushing forward.

I'm sure finding Vance and I naked and beaten up was a shock.

Soon someone brought us towels and we were shown into the house, Vance explained everything without once putting me down.

"Is it possible?" My mom asked slightly hopeful.

Mariah was still in the room and Harper tried to usher her out to the backyard in an attempt to keep our secret. I just wanted to tell Harper, "hey she knows, it's cool." But Brax had said Mariah needed to keep the secret, and as a wolf again I'd have to keep his order, even though it was given before I shifted back.

Mr Cage called the doctor and he came right over, meanwhile Harper took Mariah home and Brax found some clothes for us.

The Dr was just as surprised as we were but he did point out that he never truly said our wolves were gone for good.

"I thought their wolves would be lying dormant." He said professionally. "Now of course I have to admit it was an educated guess... they did as a matter of fact have the very real chance of not coming back altogether seeing as we don't know how long Elise and Vance were exposed to the mixture on the ropes that held them...but I suppose just like most Dormant wolves all it took was an extreme trauma occurring to cause them to shift."

He took us upstairs (which I walked myself) and examined us further, he made sure nothing was broken, that we could shift at will, and just checking how we felt overall.

"I feel better, I know I can feel my mate in the other room, I can smell him too...I hear movement downstairs...my body's super sore, especially my hands but nothing unbearable."

"I can guarantee, with the help of your Wolf you will be one hundred percent healed and less sore just in time for your wedding."

I nodded my understanding.

"From what I can tell you're fine...Miraculously so, but fine none the less...try and rest tonight, now if you'll excuse me I have to check on your mate."

I headed back downstairs and was pulled into a tight hug from my parents and then Vance's parents before Brax did the same.

"You and Vance have to be the most unlucky wolves in history."

I shrugged like it was nothing, "or lucky considering the perspective."

He shook his head and smiled, "just promise you won't go getting yourselves lost at sea for your honeymoon.

I smiled in return, "I'll try."

"So is it real that your wolves are back?" He asked, a slight worry etched in his brow.

All I could do was shrug, "it seems like it, but even Dr Pollock doesn't know if there will be side effects from having not shifted in months."

"Will it go away again?"

I shook my head sadly, "I don't know Brax."

He nodded and soon Vance joined us.

"I really just want to go home." He said softly.

I had to agree with him, after all the excitement that lingered from earlier and then the scary situation on the way to My Aunt's house, I had had my share of emotional events for the day.