Adulting

Vance had in fact sat us down with his mother and father at their office and discussed the financial side of purchasing a house.

From my understanding Mr Cage was going to help Vance get a loan from the bank if we decided we wanted a newer home, but if we liked one of their properties then they would by default be our landlords while we made monthly payments for a rent to own home.

It all seemed so surreal, like this is adult stuff, something that an 18 (almost 19) year old shouldn't be doing.

They threw out words like mortgages, financing, insurance, escrow and APR.

"Of course most of that wouldn't be necessary if you purchase through us." He sounded.

Vance and I looked at each other, "well I know my credit's alright, I've paid my school loans while in school and purchased two cars out in full with the money grandma and grandpa left me."

His parents nodded, "it'd be smart to get a credit card, you wouldn't have to use it like one would typically think but credit cards can help build your credit as well." His mother put in.

"And what about you Elise, do you know how your credit is?"

I shook my head, "I don't think I have credit yet...my parents pay for everything."

"I think Elise and I should only look at the homes you guys have to offer, we can always upgrade later on if we want to." Vance sounded smartly.

"Okay then it's my turn...I'll need your wishlists." His mother's said.

We gave her a blank stare.

"What kind of things would you like in a house?" She asked.

Once again Vance and I looked at each other but neither of us could tell you exactly what we wanted.

His mom giggled slightly, "its fine," she said as she opened up a fancy looking organizer. She turned to a blank sheet of paper, "I'm going to ask a few questions with a couple of options and you tell me which option sounds better to you."

We nodded.

"Open floor plan or more tradition floor plan?"

I turned to Vance and he only smiled, "I'm just buying the house, you pick it babe."

I blushed a little, "it's going to be our house, you have to have a say too."

"I'd live in a box with you if that's what you wanted."

His parents smiled adoringly at us and I sighed, "okay, maybe an open floor plan, incase we have people over?"

She nodded, "I'm sure you'll want washer and dryer connections."

This time I nodded.

"How about the yard, big or small?"

"I'm leaning more toward small, less yard work." Vance sounded.

"I agree." I said.

She made her note and moved on, "single story or two story home."

"I'm fine with either...but maybe Single, without the wolves it may be a burden going up and down the stairs constantly." I said.