Home (part one)

VANCE

As soon as I was wheeled out of the hospital I felt ten times better.

The wheelchair aside, I enjoyed being outside once again.

"Do you think we could invite Elise over for dinner?" I asked happily.

My father chuckled and my mother smiled widely, "of course dear."

I knew they were ecstatic about Elise and I still being in love. That day Ellie had come to check on me, I pretended to be asleep so I could hold her in my arms as long as I could, but when our parents got there I over heard how they'd been worrying about how this weird mixtures from the ropes had effected Mine and Elise's Mate status.

Of course Elise had voiced her own concern, she was worried that us not having our pull anymore would effect us...and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't wondered the same thing...but that same day I found out that despite the obvious things that were gone to us now...it didn't change they way I felt about her.

I'd loved my girl since before we could even be together...before she knew we were mates...so there was no getting close to her back then, there was no fiery touches...just a boy crushing hard on a girl.

And nothing about that had changed ever.

As far as us not having our Mates pull only solidified that I am still as in love with her as much as I ever have been.

I mean sure our touch wasn't nearly as electric as it had been, but holding her hand, having her body in my arms still made my heart race. And I could no longer smell her sweet scent that use to fill my thoughts, she still used the soap that I love...and the reason I loved it so much was because it mirrored her scent...only now it's a lighter smell that lingers.

All in all, she was still Elise to me...still my Ellie.

_____

As soon as we got home I sat in the car just thanking the moon goddess for even bringing me back here...For a minute in that tent after Elise had escaped I honestly thought I would die.

"You coming bro?" I looked up at Tommy, my family understood that I needed to keep what little independence I still had and therefore let me get myself in and out of the car.

But I knew that I didn't quiet want to be confined in the house for such a long time, I need to be outside and get some actual fresh air.

"Yeah, actually I'm gonna chill outside for a while...call up Ellie and ask her if she can drop by for dinner."

He nodded before following my parents inside.

I was glad for the privacy.

I moved carefully, the joints in my arms popping as I lifted myself from the seat. Once I was fully in the wheelchair I moved a lot quicker and wheeled myself toward the backyard, thankful for once that my mother had asked my father and I to put in a walkway for her years ago.

Once in the backyard I smiled at the familiarity and went further until I was near the shed under our large old tree. Here I could feel the wind in the shade and look through the tangle of branches to see the vibrant sky.

I pulle my phone out and as I went to call Elise my own phone rang.

I smiled when I saw her name light up my screen.

"Hey." I said still smiling. "I was just about to call you."

"Still beating you then...something will never change." She laughed lightly.

"Same ol' Ellie...anyways you feel like paying this guy a visit?" I asked, "I just got home from the hospital and I think I need a personal nurse."