Snapping

To say things between Mariah and I were a little strained would be an understatement. Sure she said she wasn't mad at me but I could tell she was upset in general.

"Her day consists of getting up before I go to school to see her mom, sometime while I'm away she'd go look for work, and then goes back to see her mom before visiting hours are over before she comes back home and crashes for then night, then she does it all over again the next day." I answered Harper, she had inquired how Mariah was doing.

She nodded along silently, "it's gotta be hard on her...maybe her finding a job would be a good distraction for her."

I shrugged "I don't know but I don't like talking about her like she's some sort of charity case, it's Mariah, Harper...if you really want to know how she's doing just call her." I snapped.

I had gotten into enough trouble talking about Mariah and her business and I was done.

"Okay someone's in a mood." She remarked.

I sighed, "you have no idea what's it's like to want to shift and go for a run just to clear my head...but I can't, I have this antsy feeling inside and I can't shake it." I confessed.

"I get it-"

"No..." I cut her off, "you really don't H."

I could see sadness forming on her face.

"Look I'm sorry for being so bitchy lately...I-I gotta go, I can't stick around school today with the mood I'm in."

She groaned, "well who am I gonna be with, Tommy has a field trip with football and Patrick's not even here yet."

I shook my head, "Patrick's gone away for the summer."

"We still have another week of school left."

I shrugged, "at this point we've all gotten our credits and taken our finals...if he's graduating they'll ship him his diploma."

"Well where'd he go?"

Once again I shook my head, "I'm done girl, ask Patrick or Brax." I said as sympathetically as I could before I turned and made my way back to my car.

I pulled away from the school and when I got to the end of the street I parked my car and text Vance.

[Elise: Do you have classes today?]

[Vance: nope]
[Vance: Have a couple appointments tho, what's up?]

I was glad to hear he was off, and as much as I didn't want to be that clingy girlfriend I really could use him by my side today.

[Elise: mind if I tag along?]

[Vance: I never mind you tagging along babe]
[Vance: at the frat house]

That was all I needed, I turned my car back on and drove to the fraternity headquarters. When I got there a few people greeted me, Braxton included.

"Hey." I sounded.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I'm in a bitchy mood and I'm trying to keep my distance...speaking of, I may have snapped at H."

He gave me a sharp look.

"She asked me about Mariah and I sorta told her if she wants to know about her she should just call her herself...I'm through with being the middle man."

He sighed, "are you okay?"

I wasn't expecting that, I had mentally begun to prepare myself for a scolding on never to snap at his mate.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I just want to go for a run but I can't...sure I can run in my human form but I'd get tired...running as my wolf was freeing, a release so to speak, but running as a human is work...I guess that's why I've been spending as much time with Vance as possible."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed as I tried my best to explain what I meant. "I love Vance so of course I like spending time with him in general...but lately I've noticed that I'm basically trying to latch onto him as much as possible, and I think it's because he's my last piece of my wolf that I have left, my mate...everything else is gone; the heightened senses, my physical Wolf, her conscience."

He remained silent.

"For almost 2 years I've had a constant partner in my wolf, she was always in my head steering me from wrong to right...now there's nothing, just emptiness....I can't even imagine how Vance is dealing with this, it's enough to drive someone insane."

Braxton pulled me into a tight hug, something we rarely do but it was more than welcome.

"I'm so sorry you're having to go through this Ellie, you and Vance deserve so much better."

I smiled, I was glad he cared but if I knew my cousin he'd begin to blame myself and I didn't need that hanging over his head, especially since there was no use in trying to blame himself for something that was out of his control.

"You're suffocating me." I teased to try an keep things lighthearted.

He chuckled, "I'll talk with Harper, I've noticed she has seemed to shy away from Mariah."

I shrugged, "I can tell she misses her, but she avoids actually talking or hanging out with her."

He nodded, "I've been meaning to talk with Mariah as well."

At this I grew worried "What for?"

"Well seeing as she knows about us, and we're trying to keep that fact a very low profile from basically everyone...I need to fill her in on the importance of keeping said secret."

I nodded, and soon Vance joined us.

"You ready to go babe, I've gotta meet up with my parents."

I nodded, we told Braxton goodbye and then I followed Vance to his car.

"So are we just having breakfast with your parents?"

He shook his head, "not really...I was gonna sit down with my dad and talk numbers, you see I'm thinking about starting the process of getting a house."

"A house?" I sounded, "that's kind of a big deal."

"It is, but it's something we're gonna need." He smiled.

"I guess I just haven't really thought about it." I said.

In truth I had been thinking about how long my parents would support me once I was finished with highschool, I never stopped to think that most people tend to move out, so Vance was right, I was gonna need a place to stay. "Well if you get a house, do you think I could possibly stay there too?" I didn't want to presume I'd just be allowed to move in by default.

He chuckled, "of course, like I said it's something that WE are going to need... so obviously I was kinda hoping that when you're done with school we could move in together...of course depending on how long the process takes it could be sometime during the summer maybe even once you've started school in the fall."

I was excited now.