E I G H T E E N

Mulai dari awal

"The majority of us wants to stay here! It's not because one little princess wants to leave that we're all of a sudden breaks our plans and go back to that boring school that you care so much about!" he shouts with an angry voice, running after me.

"I know! I know that y'all want to stay here! Because you don't have any parents waiting to beat the shit out of you when you get home! You don't have to worry about this kind of thing, because you don't even have parents!" I scream and tears start to sting my eyes.

He backs up with his mouth wide open. His eyes are watery. He storms off and walks out of the room, making sure to break the door open on his way out.

I let myself fall on the bed and cup my face in my hands. I tug my hair and squeeze my eyes shut.

What the fuck is wrong with him...

I hear footsteps coming my way. I bring my gaze up and glare at her.

"Lee..." Paige walks over to the bed and sits next to me. She wraps an arm around my shoulders but I flinch and push her arm away.

"Don't even, Paige. If Grayson made you come here, then don't even try to talk to me." I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Hailee, you gotta understand him-"

"The only reason you're defending him is because you don't have the same issues as I do. If you had an angry father waiting for you to come home, you would be on my side." I look away and blink my tears away.

"Believe me, Lee, I understand you more than you think... I have an abusive father. He beats me up whenever he feels like it. My mother's an alcoholic, she's passed out in the basement most of the time. They're not even the ones who bought me the Mercedes, Lee. I stole it. The only reason I defend Grayson is because I want to stay away from my house as long as possible." her voice is shaky and worried.

I look back at her with tears filling my eyes. A tear falls down her cheek. I pull her in an embrace and gingerly rub her back. We both sob for a few minutes.

She stole it...

She's fucked up.

-----

Paige and I go outside and walk towards the fire. Ethan jumps off the trunk and runs to us with two packs of beer in his hands. He jogs past us and turns around to show us the booze. We smile at him and he keeps running to the fire.

We both sit next to each other on the cold ground. We bring our hands forward and heat them up by the fire.

A shiver rolls down my spine.

Grayson crosses his arms and stares at us, bitting the inside of his cheek.

He jogs to the truck and turns it on. He backs up the truck near the fire and turns it off. He walks over to me and scoops me up.

I look up at him and let him carry me.

He sits me on a blanket on the edge of the trunk. I give him a light smile. Paige stands up and jumps in the trunk before sitting down next to me.
She leans forward and kisses Grayson's cheek.

"Thanks boo." she chews loudly on her gum. My gaze switches from her to Grayson.

What the hell just happened?

Grayson rubs his cheek and walks away, smiling. I roll my eyes.

"Hey babe, can you bring the booze, please?" Paige shouts to Ethan.

He fakes to throw the bottles at us and we both scream while protecting our faces. "Idiot!" I yell in amusement.

He walks over to the truck and hands us the beer. All three of us open a bottle and take a good gulp.