[Chapter 5]: I get it

Start from the beginning

Friends.

"Alright, a promise between friends!" You felt warm inside. Before you had realized what came over you, your eyes subconsciously began to water. "SORRY I HAVE SOMETHING IN MY EYE. BE RIGHT BACK." You took off out the door towards the restroom.

As you quickly made your way down the hallway, one of the side doors swung open, causing you to run into it. You backed up and rubbed your nose.

"If you get your head out of your ass, you would be able to see better." You recognized the voice. Opening your eyes slowly, they set upon Bakugou who has just changed into his costume. You looked him up and down, taking in the details of his outfit.

An explosive outfit to match his explosive temper I guess.

He looked at you puzzled before noticing the way your eyes were traveling across him. Bakugou couldn't help but call you out.

"Like what you see?" He smirked.

Your wonder-filled eyes quickly shifted to annoyance.

"It looks like you're overcompensating for something, that's for damn sure."

- - -

The class arrived at Ground Beta. The battle trials would take place in several large buildings filled with cameras so that the rest of the class could observe. All Might had already explained how the battles would occur so it was time to begin.

Bakugou had been placed on a team with a tall, serious boy named Tenya Iida. They were to play the villains in the first round. Their opponents were Deku and Ochaco who were to play as the heroes. As the first matchup was announced, you glanced at Bakugou.

I wonder what his relationship is with Deku...

He was beaming with excitement. He seemed to want nothing more than to beat the living shit out of his much more nervous classmate.

Oh god, please focus on the point of this test Bakugou.

He didn't, of course.

You watched from the observation booth with the other students and All Might. Bakugou wasn't even working with his teammate. He went off on his own to hunt Deku as soon as the challenge begun. You cringed as he ruthlessly pursued Deku, completely ignoring the objective of the test. You already knew how this was going to end.

Dumbass.

- - -

The test ended in the hero's victory. Bakugou and Deku's fight had practically blown up the whole building.

Those two have incredible quirks.

Before long, the match review commenced.

All Might was scolding Bakugou's action. You expected him to be upset about his loss, but not like this. He looked as though his whole world had been turned upside down. It was almost depressing watching the usually eccentric boy like this. You were slowly starting to piece together what exactly had happened.

-U.A. High: End of the school day-

"Ochaco, you were amazing!" You exclaimed, running up for a high five. She grinned at your sentiment.

"Thanks! Although, I think that Deku did most of the work." She rubbed the back of her neck, both embarrassed and flattered.

"Th-That's not true Uraraka! I couldn't have done it without you!" Deku was blushing furiously while trying to speak to her. Your eyes softened at the adorable exchange.

I didn't expect to find my OTP so quickly.

"Either way, you two make an amazing team." You added, before shifting your attention towards your plain looking classmate. "By the way, I never got to formally introduce myself. My name's (y/n). And yours is Deku so I've heard?"

"Oh eh- Actually my real name is Izuku Midoriya. Deku's just a nickname that Kacchan calls me to make fun of me..."

"Is that so?" You softly questioned.

Guess they really don't get along...

"But you know." Ochaco interrupted. "I also thought it sounds like the Japanese word for 'you can do it'!"

"That's true!" You agreed.

"S-Stop it you two! Talking about my name is making me embarrassed..." The timid boy covered his eyes.

"Well, what would you prefer I call you then?" You chuckled.

"Ehhh I don't have a particular preference..."

"Alright then, I'll go with Izuku." You gave him a thumbs up.

"My first name already?!" He shuddered.

Your pleasant conversation was soon interrupted.

"Why didn't you participate today?" Another voice called over to you. You turned and your eyes met the half and half hero, Shouto Todoroki. He leaned against the edge of his desk and peered at you, awaiting an answer.

"Oh uh-" You started.

Shit, think (y/n)

"I'm feeling a bit sick today, so All Might told me I should sit out..."

The sick card always works.

"Oh really, what do you have?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes, clearly not falling for it. You grabbed your stomach with a disgusted look on your face.

"Diarrhea." 

He cringed and looked away.

"Makes sense then."

That made him shut up.

"By the way, where's Kacchan?" Izuku asked you and Ochaco.

"Eh? OhI thought I saw him walk out a few minutes ago." Ochaco responded. Izuku clenched his fist, looking a bit panic stricken.

"I need to go talk to him. I'll see you both tomorrow!" He took off towards the door. You watched him as he left.

I wonder if Bakugou's okay. He did seem a bit distraught over how the match ended... Well whatever. Why do I give a shit? It's not like we're friends.

You tried to deny your worry but eventually, you caved.

"I got to go also. I'll see you tomorrow Ochaco!" She waved before heading out in a hurry.

You ran down the stairs in an attempt to catch up to the both of them. As you ran out the main entrance, you noticed Bakugou and Izuku both yelling at each other. Hiding behind the main door, you listened in on their conversation. 

It went back and forth like that for awhile.

"HERE, I WILL BECOME NUMBER ONE!" Bakugou announced with tear filled eyes. "I WON'T LOSE TO YOU AGAIN, YA DAMN NERD!" 

Bakugou finished up before turning away from Izuku and heading out the front gate. You sighed deeply and leaned up against the main entrance door.

Alright Katsuki Bakugou...

Looking down, you smiled gently.

I get it.