Chapter 14

Eira's POV

"Eira, come home. Please?" Uday spoke as soon as I had picked up his call.

"Why, what happened?" I asked, excusing myself from the shoot. Hardik had gone off for his romantic date with Ananya, which hurt me a lot but a late night shoot had put the thought right out of my mind. Until now, that is.

"It's urgent." Uday said and cut the call.

"Guys, I have some family problems, I have to go." I said, quickly walking to where my purse was and rummaging through it to get my keys.

"No problem, guys wrap it up!" Kevin, the photographer said to me. "Tomorrow, same time?"

"I'll message you first thing in the morning." I said, running to where my car was. I quickly got in and started the car.

Within thirty minutes, I was home. As I walked in, parking my car at the garage, There was pin-drop silence. There was no maids and no Uday.

"Uday? Where are you?" I shouted, my voice echoing in the large room.

"In the living room, Eira." Uday's voice was heard.

I ran to the living room where I saw Uday slumped on the sofa, nursing a bottle of vodka. What in the hell? Uday never drinks.

"What happened? I thought I was the alcoholic in the family?" I asked, sitting down on the sofa opposite him.

He gave the bottle to me. "Drink. You'll need it." He gestured to the bottle, imitating a sip.

"Not until you tell me what's going on. Does ma know about this? You're drinking inside the house." I asked, keeping the bottle on the table. "Would you explain?"

"Remember how Mallika was working all the time?" Uday laughed. "Oh my God, I used to admire her for working all the time!"

"Yes, you had told me that. You actually told me that I should become more like her." I replied back.

"No, don't ever become like her. Okay?" Uday pointed a finger at me, shaking it in front of my face. "She's a good for nothing liar. LIAR!" He shouted in the end.

"Uday, calm down." I rubbed his back. "You've argued with Mallika, it's okay! it happens to every couple!"

"Eira, we're going to have a little brother or sister in about five months, give or take." He said, looking at me.

"Ma's pregnant?" I looked at him, surprised. "She never told me!"

"Mallika is." He looked at me, taking the bottle from the table and taking a big glup. He then gestured to me, asking me if I wanted to take a sip.

"What? I'm being punked right now. Please tell me I'm being punked." I snatched the bottle from him, taking a long sip and felt it go down my throat. I needed the burn to convince me it wasn't a dream.

"Yep, the slut said it all to her friend on the phone. She actually met dad first, dad gave her the idea of marrying me so that they could continue their fuckery." He laughed and then winced. "I don't even want to call him dad anymore."

"Wait, did you confront dad?" I asked.

"In front of ma. Oh he denied it, so badly. But as soon as I started talking about divorcing her, he started telling everything. She was a bloody florist before, did you know that? She told be she was an assistant! Bloody fucker gave her the job and basically asked her to woo me." He laughed. "He said that I was stupid enough to get married when I loved someone, to check whether they're actually telling the truth or not."

"Well, I told you Mallika is a bitch. Damn." I took another gulp.

"Don't fucking remind me. Ma's gone off to masi's place. Fucker's fucked off, taking Mallika with him. I called my lawyer to finalise the divorce papers, she can take the child." He said.

"Well, now you can become CEO of the company too!" I cheered.

"How?" He frowned. "He's the CEO. He wouldn't sign it over to me now. He'll divorce ma and make us all live on the streets whereas he would live in the house with his new bitch!"

"Well, I am a dumbass. I know that. But wouldn't pandemonium ensure if you told the board of directors before he told them?" I wondered. "I mean, if you call them now and plus, you know that ma owns 39% of the shares and if we get the board of directors on our side, we could potentially remove him! Then we'll see who's on the streets!" I laughed, Uday laughing with me.

"My wonderful sister, what a fantastic idea!" Uday kissed me on the cheek and stumbled out of the room, mumbling about calling ma. I had no doubt that ma would agree to this, after all she had been wronged too.

My life was falling around me in shambles. First Hardik and now this.

I knew that Mallika was a bitch.

I've just realised, I've not given face claims for Uday and Mallika.

I really imagine Uday to be Varun Dhawan, because he's just an all round lovable guy who falls in love way too fast and he does have a good relationship with Eira. Nothing like Aryan and Gia, thank the Lord.

I imagine Mallika as Rachel Bilson because as sweet as she looks when she's smiling, I have a feeling that she's really capable of being a backstabbing bitch

I imagine Mallika as Rachel Bilson because as sweet as she looks when she's smiling, I have a feeling that she's really capable of being a backstabbing bitch. Although I've never seen her acting, I feel it in my heart.

 Although I've never seen her acting, I feel it in my heart