Chapter 4

Eira's POV

"Eeeiirrraaaaa!"

"What?!" I answered back at Hardik. He was always coming in at the wrong time, when I was sleeping. Why, oh why had I met the guy?

"Chal na, ut!" He pushed me off his bed. Yes, his bed. In the year that we became friends, I had come to his house to escape my life, basically. Since Uday and Mallika had announced their marriage date, everyone was on me to get married next. That bitch..

"Abay, Mallika ke baare mae mat soch, pagal!" He said, looking at his phone. "Frown lines dik jayenge." He completed, snickering.

"Kya yaar, what the heck are we going to do?"

"We, are going to babysit."

And there I was an hour later, welcoming Ayaan into the house while Gia came inside and Virat was in the car, too comfortable to leave the car.

"Eira, thank you so much!" She said, hugging me. "I would have asked Anu but she's shooting, you know how weird shooting gets!"

"Ya!" I laughed, fake. It's not that I didn't like Gia, I did. It's just that it's hard to like the person who is oblivious to the fact that the person who I like is in love with her.

Yes, I have a crush on Hardik. When a person leaves everything he's doing and comes and helps you out when you're bored, you do start feeling something. But I'm so scared admitting it, I know he doesn't like me, not in that way. In his mind, it's going Gia, Gia, Gia.

Not Eira, Eira, Eira. I wish it was.

The horn rang.

"Oof, you know Virat, he's so impatient!" Gia chuckled. "Anyways, thank you again and we're so sorry for putting this last minute on you guys, I know you wanted to hangout together!

Thank you for understanding that, Gia!

"Aare, it's not an issue!" Hardik said from beside me. Of course it isn't! I mean, he will take care of anything Gia asks him for. He's a lovesick fool.

My lovesick fool.

Mine?

Eira, focus! He's not yours.

I heard the sound of the door shutting and came out of my daydream.

"Eira, look at how cute Ayaan is, aren't you?" Hardik said, carrying him.

"I want papa and mama." Ayaan says, looking at Hardik as his eyes water up.

"Nahi, nahi! Papa and mu- mummy jaldi wapas aajenge!" Hardik stutters on mummy. "Aacha, do you want to see some cartoons?"

Ayaan nods his head and Hardik puts him down and he walks to the sofa and pushes himself up. "Pogo, Uncle!" He says, shaking his legs.

I put on Pogo for him and go into the kitchen, looking for a snack for Ayaan. Virat wants to make Ayaan a total health nut, but Gia always scolds him to let it go, since he's two.

"I can't get rid of my feelings for Gia!" Hardik storms into the kitchen and sits on the counter.

"Try, Harry. Go and meet some girls, maybe get out of the house! You don't even do that, always stuck in the house." I say, even though it pains for me to say that. I want him to notice me!

"So, you're not a girl, huh?" He puts his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. "Are you a boy in disguise?"

"Shut up, have you seen my boobs?" I said, pushing him away from me, even though it felt so good. "They're real as fuck!"

"Okay okay, I was just saying!"

"Chal yaar, pogo dekhte hai." I snickered.

"Bas yaar, anyways hum karne kya waale the?" Hardik follows me into the living room where Ayaan looks away from the screen when we come in.

"Are you like mama and papa?" Ayaan asks.

"What do you mean, Ayaan?" I asked, sitting down beside him.

"Mama and papa also go in the kitchen and kiss each other!" Ayaan smiles. "They kiss me too!"

I look at Hardik in that moment and see him properly. He's so hurt, like he expected Gia to be celibate with Virat. Like he expected her to not be in love with Virat. I just wanted to hug him, kiss him and tell him that I am always there, someone who actually cares about him.

I'm just too scared to.