Reminder #27

Rulings on praying in a room where there is pictures.

Praise be to Allaah.

The most correct view is that it is not permissible to pray in a room in which images of animate beings are hanging, on the basis of several reports, including the following:

The hadeeth of Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or images." (Agreed upon).

This also includes Magazines, Daily Newspapers, articles.

SUBHANAAllah.

After reading keep that in a drawer or somewhere inside.

The hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Jibreel came to me and said: 'I came to you yesterday and nothing prevented me from entering except that there was a statue by your door, and there was a curtain in your house with images on it, and there was a dog in the house. So tell someone to cut the head off the statue by your door, so it will look like a tree; tell someone to cut up the curtain and make it into floor-cushions that will be stepped on; and tell someone to put the dog outside.'" So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did that. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad).