How to?! Reminder #21

How to spend time beneficially when you are menstruating during ramdan?!

Often we are plagued with misconceptions, sometimes cultural baggage or societal representations that show this monthly cycle as more of a burden than a blessing. Yet as Muslimahs we know that everything sent from above is good and Allah does not burden a soul, instead He has sent us this deen to ease our burden. If we think about it, this monthly gift (as we sometimes sarcastically refer to) it is indeed a gift. If it weren’t for it we wouldn’t have the joy of becoming mothers or of being healthy women. So in order to better deal with this we have to restructure our way of thinking towards menstruation, this way we can pass this positive influence to other women in our life

So, back to the main point, Ramdan.

We do all our Salahs on time, our fasting and our Qu’ran reading but as soon as we get our period we fall into this “vacation” mode that makes us fall into this false idea that we cannot do anything during these days so might as well just “chill”.

But here we err; this could be the best time for a Muslimah to increase her good deeds and her learning of the deen.

'Aisha narrated : Allah's Apostle said, "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah's is the most regular and constant even though it were little" (Sahih Bukhari

The previous hadith indicates that our Lord has great love for deeds that are constant and regular; this means that there is really no “off-time” for men or women from doing that which is right. Even while we cannot move or speak just thinking about the attributes of Allah can count as Ibadah.

● Menstruating only stops us from fasting and offering our salah and Reading  Qur'an.

●But, We have loads of Dhikr to do.

Increase your love for Dhikr: Abu Huraira radiyallahu’anhu  reported that the Prophet(PBUH) said, "I love repeating Subhan Allah , Walhamdu lillah , wa La ilaha ill-Allahu wa Allahu Akbar (Glorified is Allah, all praise is due to Allah, and there is no God but Allah, Allah is the greatest) more than all that the sun shines upon.''

 (Muslim and Tirmidhi). 

●Reading 1000 tasbih will be equal to 70,000 tasbih.
Subhan allah. our Rab is  the most generous.

●For example, reading La ilaha illallahu mohammed ur rasulallah 1000 times during ramdan will get a reward of 70,000 times.
Alhamdulillah.

●○●

●Similarly do loads of istaghfar. Ask forgiveness from ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA'ALA.

People often forget the importance of the simple yet powerful dua (supplication) – Istighfar i.e., saying“Astaghfirullah” (I seek forgiveness of Allah).

"If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morninghe will be from the people of Paradise."
Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318

"Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318

●or simple recite small dhikr such as, Astaghfirullah.

Or

أسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ وَ أتُوبُ إلَيْهِ

Astaghfirullaha wa atūūbu ilai(hi)

(I seek the Forgiveness of Allah and repent to Him.)
[to be reicted 100 times during the day] 
[Sahih al Bukhari, Muslim 4:2075]

And

رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Rabbana innanā amanna, faghfir lana, dhunoobana wa-qinna 'adhāāban-naar

(Our Lord!  we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire)
[surah Ali' Imran; 3:16]

And

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

La illaha illa Anta Subhanak, inni kuntu min adh-dhalimeen

(There is no God but You;   Glory be to You, Truly I have been one of the wrongdoers)
[Surah al-Anbiyah, 21: 87]

And

اللّهـمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّـي لا إلهَ إلاّ أَنْتَ ، خَلَقْتَنـي وَأَنا عَبْـدُك ، وَأَنا عَلـى عَهْـدِكَ وَوَعْـدِكَ ما اسْتَـطَعْـت ، أَعـوذُبِكَ مِنْ شَـرِّ ما صَنَـعْت ، أَبـوءُ لَـكَ بِنِعْـمَتِـكَ عَلَـيَّ وَأَبـوءُ بِذَنْـبي فَاغْفـِرْ لي فَإِنَّـهُ لا يَغْـفِرُ الذُّنـوبَ إِلاّ أَنْتَ . 

O Allah, You are my Lord, no one has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am your servant and I abide to your covenant and promise as best as I can, I take refuge in you from the evil of which I committed. I acknowledge your favor upon me and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily no one can forgive sin except you.’

I have only written short dua's here. There are long du'a's  to be recited for forgiveness.

》》 To be continued..

P.S. do memorize this du'a's of asking forgiveness. And keep reciting then whenever yu are sitting idle.

Inn shaa Allah.

Correct me if the du'a is wrong or spelling mistake.

*Do remember me and the ummah in your dua's.