t h r e e

DECEMBER 11, 2016

12: 46 AM

sorry hannah, i fell asleep

12: 57 AM

where was i again? yeah. boston, and charmander.

by the way, i retrieved the charmander.

that charmander meant a lot to me. i slept beside it and my vaporeon every single night, in the hotel. even when we finally moved and settled in a house in the south, i slept next to it. in every trip we make, it was there, with me, in the backseat. i think i almost named it, but i wanted you to be the one who will do that.

it's still nameless. you can name it anything you want.

1: 14 AM

i was not at all suspicious by how long we were staying in boston. even when we finally settled in a house. until august arrived. i asked my mom something like "when will we go back to texas?" and she was like "sorry, honey. i already enrolled you to a school near us. don't be mad, but we won't be coming back to texas."

i don't really remember what i did, sorry. i cried, probably. threw a tantrum. although i remember that i made my mom promise me that we would spent the next summer in texas. i remember because i had this little plan that once we go back, i would not let them return to boston ever again. i would hide until they give up and decide to settle there again. yeah, you already know what happened to her promise.

studying in boston was cool for a while. in texas, it was always the same face every school year. there, everyone is a new face, although i only had five friends that year. they only talked to me because they were amused by my accent, but hey, they liked pokemon, but not as much as you did. after a while, i got sick of everything and just missed texas – the insects, the bipolar weather, the humidity, and yeah, you.

1: 50 AM

hey, let me tell you about our neighbor, sonia. 

i wasn't really close to her or anything until there came the days i would go home from school and mom and dad weren't there. the first time it happened, i didn't have the keys and i stayed outside the door for an hour. sonia saw me crying on our footsteps and invited me to her house.

she was amazing, honestly. the harry potter references? you should thank her for that. she introduced me to the harry potter books, then to the movies. she also introduced me to the hunger games. have you read them? i bet you have. once we're finally okay, let's talk about it. i never had anyone to talk to about literature before you.

i got so engrossed into reading books that year that i almost didn't notice that something wrong was happening between my parents.

2: 12 AM

i don't know. there was this night that i heard mom and dad arguing. i am naturally a curious person, but not when voices are being raised.

okay i can't do this.

i don't know how to tell you about it. i don't think there's a right way to, especially not here, through a message app. even if i'm aware that you wouldn't be able to read all these right away, i just can't. there are things you can only discuss in person.