F I F T Y - T W O : THE COMMENCE OF OPERATION WARDAH

Normal's POV

After Hime's short reunion with her friends, Kamakura takes her home and enters the castle grounds from the east gate. He knows that it'll hurt the young princess's heart if he were to use the west gate. Unlike the west gate that was once full of white chrysanthemums, the East gate is a little unkempt. This is because the east gate is closer to where the White Chrysanthemums and the Silver Sakura's dormitory.

Hime keeps her gaze out the window as she fixes her sight on the dorms.

"Is this where you stay, Kamakura?" Hime asks, not sparing a glance at Kamakura. Her interest has piqued when she sees the the White Chrysanthemums fought against each other with their bare hands. Some of the guards are climbing the tree by using a rope. From where she is, she easily locates a few snipers in the trees.

"Yes."

"Why do you need so many snipers?" Hime wonders out loud.

"Oh? You located them already?" Kamakura asks. The princess has never failed to amuse him. Ah she probably only spotted 2.

"Yeah. There are 5 here. The fourth and fifth ones are a little tricky to find but they should've tried to hide in a bit more. The light reflected from the sun hurts my eyes." Hime complains.

"You managed to find 5 in 5 minutes?" Kamakura is extremely surprised when he heard this. There are only 3 snipers assigned to guard the area. How is it possible to have 5? Kamakura keeps the little information to himself as he speeds off to the chateau. He's not sure if he could protect the princess if the snipers decide to attack them. But deep down, he feels it in his bones. It has already started.

As soon as they arrive at the main door, Kamakura doesn't waste any time to open the door for Hime and rush her in. Hime thinks that Kamakura is being a bit weird but she doesn't voice it out. She knows that there is something wrong the minute she announces the fourth and fifth snipers. Arent they supposed to be there?

"Ah, Hime-sama!" Hirase exclaims when he sees her being pushed in by Kamakura. "You're late for tea. Your father is feeling better now and he would love it to have you join him in the throne room." Hirase says as he checks his pocket watch before tucks the golden chain safely into the pockets of his black vest.

"Um.. I would like to refresh myself first before joining father." Hime says as she makes her way quietly up the stairs. Her reply startles both men.

Did she just agree to spend time with her father willingly?

Kamakura and Hirase looks at each other to confirm what they saw before turning their gaze to the fading silhouette of their beloved little princess.

"She has grown up so much in a matter of weeks." Kamakura muses.

"Maybe boarding school changes people."

"Or crisis." Kamakura chirps in before going out the front door to park the car in the garage.

"Or crisis." Hirase repeats, agreeing quietly as he walks towards one of the windows. He frowns when he sees the sudden change in snipers hiding on sturdy branches. You are a very cruel lady, Empress Akahana.. Hirase thinks before going to the kitchen to find for Sakura.

***

In Hime's room, while she was washing up, she couldn't help but smile when she thinks about her friends.

"We'll wait for you to return. I promise." Rio and Kayano sticks out the pinky fingers for Hime to entwine with hers. The three girls giggle happily before hugging each other goodbye. Hime isnt entirely sure when will she ever get to see them again. But her heart aches when they part. She misses them the second she enters the car.