"It's not a big deal," Kaitlin said. "We've had girls date on the team before. I think it's really sweet actually."

Chloe smiled at her girlfriend before wrapping her arms around her. "Can you guys just keep it on the down low for now? Beca's not out to her dad yet so she doesn't want stuff going around."

Beca nodded. "I'd really appreciate if this could just be between us."

"Of course," a girl named Zoe said reassuringly. "We're your team, we'll support you no matter what happens."

"Thanks guys, it really means a lot," Chloe smiled.

Beca nodded. "You guys are some of my best friends, it really means a lot that you support us."

**********

"Can you come over?" Chloe asked as they unloaded the bus once they got back to school.

"I can't, I promised Hailee I'd be home tonight," Beca said apologetically. "Come over tomorrow though, we can go for lunch."

"Okay!" Chloe said excitedly. "Do you need help with your bags cause of your knee?"

"I'm okay," Beca said, looking back to make sure her dad wasn't in the car before giving Chloe a quick kiss. "See you tomorrow!"

"Love you!" Chloe called as the brunette walked away.

"Love you too!" Beca shouted back. She threw her bags in the trunk of Sheila's car before climbing in the front.

"How's your knee?" Sheila asked the second Beca got in the car.

"It's feeling a little better," Beca shrugged.

"Do you want to go to urgent care right now? Your dad wanted me to ask."

"I'll be fine until tomorrow morning," the girl replied with a shrug. "What time is my appointment?"

"9 am," Sheila said.

"Good because I want to go for lunch with Chloe," Beca said with a smile. "We came out to the team today. Everyone besides Mia is happy for us."

"Aww that's awesome honey! You won right?"

Beca nodded. "I can't believe we're state champions, I'm so proud of us."

"I'm so proud of you," Sheila smiled as they pulled into the driveway.

"Thanks," the girl smiled proudly.

They walked inside and Beca slipped on a pair of shorts and a tank top and got more ice for her knee before getting situated on the couch with a bowl of cereal. She was feeling really great about life at the moment. Her friends supported her, she was dating the girl of her dreams, and her team had just won the state championship. She felt as if nothing could go wrong, which is why she decided that she would finally try to come out to her dad. Once he finished his work for the evening and everyone was sitting in the living room, she decided to speak up.

"Hey dad, I have something to tell you," she said nervously with a huge smile on her face. "Hailee and Sheila already know, but I've been hesitant to tell you for a while."

"What is it?" John asked, looking up from his computer.

"Uh...I'm gay dad, I have a girlfriend too," Beca smiled. "I'm dating Chloe."

"You're what?" He asked incredulously. "Beca are you fucking kidding me?"

The brunette looked to her step mother and sister for help but the two were just as shocked as she was. "I- uh...is there a problem with that?"