"Um no." I said opening my locker and getting my books.

"Shit." He whispered and kicked the locker next to mine. Was he blaming himself?

"Whoa Eli. Calm down. Maybe she's sick. It's been one day you haven't seen her. Dial it down." I said slowly putting one arm on his shoulder.

"Yeah." He said lowly then his voice came stronger,"Yeah you're right. Sorry. I'm just a little shaky. That's all. Sorry." He shook his head.

"It's fine. I'll go to her house later to check on her, okay?" I was trying to relax him.

"Okay. Thanks." He said with a little relief.

He gave me a friendly hug as a thanks then left.

The whole day I had that;s constantly wondering if Jay was okay.

Once school was finally over, I drove to Jay's house.

Her dad answered the door.

"Hey Pop." I said letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I called him pop because Jay's family was basically family like mine was hers.

"Hey there kiddo. What's up?" He asked letting me in.

"Is Jay here?" I asked.

"No, Jenna said she was staying with you." He said confused.

"Jezzabelle wasn't staying with me." I said getting slightly worried and shaking my head.

"Jenna come here for a moment!" Her dad hollered and Jay's mom came rushing in.

"What is it, Clark?" She asked sighing because she literally came running.

"Jay wasn't with Macy." He said carefully so Jay's mom could take it in.

"She's probably with Elias." She said calmly.

"He was at school worried where she is. She wasn't with him." I informed slowly.

"Have you tried calling her?" She asked with tension in her slowly rising.

I'm so stupid. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jay.

There was my ringtone, coming from upstairs.

We ran to Jay's room. She wasn't there.

Where could she be?

Jay's mom gasped,"Clark call the police, my baby is missing." She was near tears you could hear it in her voice.

I left the sight with Pop because if Jay's mom started balling there's a chance I'd look at her and join in.

He called the police.

I texted Eli.

To Eli:

She's missing.

I used the word missing because it was the truth. A few seconds later he replied.

From Eli:

I'm on my way.

I went to Jay's room and saw stuff was missing. Some pictures and clothes.

I was looking through a small chest we made when we were little and found a note for, me.

All it said was:

Sorry Macy. -Jay

This note was fresh. The pen writing could still smudge.

When I got downstairs there were a few cops in the living room.

"Who's that?" I think the detective asked.