Chapter Nine

Thanks so much for reading, make sure to hit that vote button, and leave a comment. If you really love this book, then share!

Chapter Nine

During lunch, Tyler decided to sit at a table with Taylor and I, which didn't help the looks I was getting.

"Why do they keep staring at you? And what was Britney upset about this time?" Tyler asked, completely dumb founded.

Does he seriously not know?

"Once a few people saw us ride in together, rumors spread like wildfire. Everyone thinks we're together, and Britney doesn't like that." I explained, and he clenched his jaw again.

"Well," He paused for a moment. "I don't like her. As for the rumors, oh well."

My heart fluttered at his words.

Does he not mind people thinking we're dating?

I glanced at Taylor who was smirking at me, and I rolled my eyes, sticking My tongue out at her.

"Mom said she's going out on a date tonight, so the three of us have the house to ourselves!" Tyler exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air.

"Do you want to come over Tay? I mean, I'd have to ask Kara," I paused, looking over at Tyler.

"She wouldn't care." Tyler assured her, waving his hand in the air dismissively.

"That sounds fun, but my dad doesn't want me going anywhere on a school night." She admitted, and I looked at her with sad eyes.

I'm the only one who knows about her home life, there's more to it than what she just said.

"It's okay, maybe Friday night you can stay," I offered, and she nodded.

Tyler wasn't even paying attention, He was staring at his phone, no doubt getting hundreds of texts from his fangirls, asking if the two of us were really together.

"Thanks for being so nice to me," I suddenly spoke, trying to break the silence.

Tyler's eyes snapped up to meet mine, and they softened, something I couldn't quite disect flashed through his vision, but disappeared so quick I had to question whether it was ever even there.

"I know you don't really like me, yet you're nice to me anyway, why?" I asked, and he looked hurt for a moment.

"I don't 'not like' you. I already apologized for what I said before, So please don't say that ever again. I'm being genuinely nice to me, you're my friend, and I care about you.
I would've thought me opening up about my ex-love would've brought that to your attention." He ranted, and I looked down at my hands.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." I stammered.

He put his index finger under my chin and tilted my head up to face his.

"You didn't upset me, it just kind of hurt you thought I was faking this. I don't just go around giving people rides on my motorcycle ya know." He pointed out, a slight grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Thanks again by the way." I smiled.

Taylor cleared her throat and we looked over at her smug expression.

"What?" I asked, an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Well, it's just that it's so obvious you guys like eachother, but you won't admit it. Just say it already!" She exclaimed, but before we had time to react, the bell rang, signalling the time for more 'learning'.

***

The three of us were in the kitchen trying to figure out how to work the stove.

"I think you turn this," Macie said, turning a knob, sending blue flames to shoot out of one of the burners.

I high-fived her, and Tyler grinned.

"Finally, after twenty minutes of trying to figure that out." He said, and we laughed.

"So what do we cook? Better yet, how do we cook?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"I'm ordering pizza." Macie decided, pulling out her phone.

"Good idea." Tyler and I said in sync.

We looked at eachother with disturbed expressions.

"Let's not do that again." I said, and he nodded in agreement.

***

Ugh! Sorry this chapter was so short! Thanks for reading though! Three updates in a day! Yay!

I probably won't get many updates out over the weekend, so I'm making up for it now.