The Chronicles of Starlyn: Epilogue

A/N: This is it, hopfefully I will be having someone help me with edits on this soon. Thanks so much for your support. I have found a professional editor for my novel 'The Crimson Claymore', but I need to raise $2000 for all the edits that I need for it. I will be opening a kickstarter account soon, perhaps next month where I'll be asking my humble fans (that's you) for helpful donations to help my career get started since I am poor and all. Thanks so much for reading~

Epilogue:

                Arria shivered as she sprawled through the dark forest surrounding her. Her mother was dead and her army defeated. She didn’t know why she continued to try, why she continued to fight. All of her life now seemed meaningless. Her hopes, dreams, and aspirations were demolished thanks to her sister. All of her dragons that weren’t slaughtered fled when the dragon and she defeated. They did not have the faith required for a true invasion on Sudegam. They were weak. Arria was strong, she felt weak now, but she knew that she could be strong again. She felt her wounds that her sister gave her and winced.

                It would take a long time before she would be healed. The dragons were weak, and she shouldn’t have used them so early, but she had no choice. Her mother had been dying and there was little else she could do. There were no others she could use for her next task. She knew what she had to do. The elves took away the life of her mother, and all that remained was her desire to destroy them. She felt hatred towards all the elves for what they had done, how they had shunned her and her mother. All except Starlyn. Arria could not hate Starlyn.

                She knew she would have to rally up the surviving dragons that weren’t killed eventually, but as for now, she was too weak. Starlyn wounded her greatly, and she was not able to get a healer from the elven capital. She would have to heal on her own, and that could take many years. Patience was not something Arria did well with, but now she had little choice. She gathered up her small bag and continued forward.

                Arria could not travel long distances, and her blood covered the wilderness around her. She could only contain her wounds so much. If she were weaker she knew she could very likely bleed to death. She would not allow it. She promised to herself that one day she would have her revenge. All of elves of Sudegam would suffer and she would conquer them all. It would not be any day soon, but someday she would get her strength back and amass an army so huge that nobody would be able to get in her way.

                She wandered aimlessly through the forest until she finally stumbled into a clearing showing a purple sunset across the horizon. There were no longer any trees or mountains, but blue as far as she could see. The ocean rolled over itself onto the white sand at her toes that felt as cushion under her feet. She smiled as she looked at the mass of water and wondered if there were any other lands far out there. This was the first time Arria had ever been to the ocean and it was the most beautiful sight she ever witnessed. A gentle breeze brushed through her hair that tickled her, and for the first time in longer than she remembered she laughed.

                Arria fell to her knees and laughed at the warm breeze and ocean that stared back at her in wonder. She dropped her travel bag onto the ground and grabbed a heavy object from it. It was oval, smoother than silk, and darker than her finest armor. She gently kissed it and began to stroke it.

                “Soon, the world will be ours my dear. Soon – all will bow before us,” Arria grinned before collapsing into the sand from exhaustion, clutching her dragon’s egg tight.