What am I doing? I promised I'd never like anyone else!

I think I have a crush on her.

But I can't!

Devan's POV-

Butterflies were loose in my stomach as I clung tightly to him.

We pulled into the school's parking lot, and I was already receiving looks from students, both of jealousy from girls, and confusion from the guys.

Ever since Tyler became popular, no-one has seen him with a girl, and that just changed.

"Thanks for letting me ride with you." I smiled thankfully.
He nodded in response before running off with the football team.

I rolled my eyes and let an exasperated sigh escape my lips.

I ran over to where Taylor was chatting with some of her other friends.

Sadly, I have no other friends.

As I walked into the building, people were whispering and pointing at me.

I guess news about Tyler and I really got around.

I ran over to where Taylor was watching me quizzically.

"Why is everyone staring at you?" She inquired, cocking an eyebrow and crossing her arms.

"Because Tyler gave me a ride, and people are blowing it out of proportion." I explained, and her eyes lit up.

"Is something going on between you two?" She asked, way too excited about this.

"No," I assured her, and she started pouting.

But after some things he told me about his past, I'm assuming we're at least friends.

I didn't bother saying that though, because she would make something bigger out of it.

"Something will happen though," She started, but didn't have time to finish, because Britney appeared at our sides.

She grabbed my shoulder and spun me around so we were facing each other.

I glared at her, and she mirrored my expression.

"Why were you and Tyler together?" She demanded, placing a hand on her hip and flicking her hair behind her shoulders.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"We're friends, it's none of your business." I hissed, and her eyes darkened, a glassy sheen of hate sliding across her sapphire eyes.

"I don't believe you." She sneered, her tone so cold it sent chills down my spine.

"Back off Britney, they're just friends. If something was going on," Taylor glanced at me for approval to continue, and I nodded.

"I'd be the first to know."

Britney huffed before spinning on her heel and walking away swaying her hips as she walked, her minions following close behind.

Taylor mocked her, by flicking her hair and huffing.

I laughed, and Taylor did the same, just as the bell rang.

***

I was the first in math class.

Not because I had any interest in math, it's my worst subject, but because I wanted a few minutes of peace and no pointing and whispering.

After about forty-five seconds, a blonde walked in and sat behind me; and then Tyler came in.

His eyes instantly met mine, and he offered me a genuine smile.
I returned it, and he walked over to the seat beside me.

My heart skipped a beat over the fact he chose to sit next to me, rather than the blonde behind me.

Eventually everyone that was going to come, came, and the teacher entered shortly after.

Fortunately for me, Britney had this class to, and she was shooting constant imaginary daggers at me.

I stuck my tongue out childishly at her, and she silently scoffed.

Tyler was watching the whole thing play out with an amused expression, but when he saw her slide a finger across her neck and point to me, his eyes darkened.

He leaned over to me and whispered, "Is she one of the ones that torment you?"

I bit my lip while I nodded, and his jaw clenched.

He turned to look at her.

She started batting her eyelashes flirtasiously at him, but once she registered his livid expression, her face went flat.

She looked like she wanted to bury me alive.

I sucked in a breath, this is going to be a long week.

***

This chapter was a bit longer. Thanks for reading! I got two updates up in a day!

This probably won't happen after awhile because I'll find something else to do, but I promise I'll keep writing this story no matter what, at least, I'll try.

Bye!