10

Kristina's POV

Jack and I sing along to a few of the songs on his playlist. I must say, what's happening at this moment feels like a dream. These past few days, I've learned to never think anything is impossible. Everything and anything can be done, but some things take a lot more work than others. In my case though, it was just fate.

Back in high school, I was the girl that got the good grades and barely lived. I had a pretty boring life. But when I graduated, I saw the world differently, as a much larger place. My parents were pissed at me when I told them I wanted to take a year off before college. They said they "expected more out of me". But honestly, I just want to live, and right now, I feel like I am.

"Here we are," Jack says before turning down a gravel road. I watch as we pass woods of pines and go over a small bridge.

"Where exactly are we?" I question, as he pulls over to the side of the road, parking the car.

"Just follow me." He smiles, pulling the keys out of the ignition. I cock my head at him and open the door, closing it behind me. The gravel clicks beneath my feet as I follow him.

He leads me down the ditch into a small path, big enough for us to walk side by side.

"I used to love coming here. It was always so peaceful," He tells me. "My aunt and uncle used to live out here, and that's how I discovered it." He adds.

We walk along a bit further, and I hear water running. As we near closer, I see a small waterfall, running into a little pond.

"Wow." Is all I can say as I take in my surroundings. A beautiful field of daisies and lilacs surrounds the pond.

"It's amazing isn't it?" He looks around, taking a breath of the fresh air.

"It's astounding." A slight breeze glides through the field, making waves of colors. My hair blows back slightly in the wind as we stand side by side.

He smiles down at me, and I look away.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" He speaks quietly, his cheeks turning a light rose. My heart beat picks up, my thoughts racing.

"I.. No, not really." I stutter, shuffling my weight to my left foot.

"Well you're gorgeous."

__________
Jacks POV

There I said it. I let it off my chest. I've been dying to say those words this whole day, and I'm glad I told her.

"Um. Thanks, Jack." She says shyly and looks into my eyes. I turn towards her. The sounds of the rushing water envelopes me as I get lost in her eyes. I can say this, never, have I felt this way about a girl before.

"Jack," She speaks softly and continues. "It's only been two days."

I sigh and look off into the field, trying to think of what to say.

"I know. I just need to know if you feel something too." I bring my eyes back to hers.

"I do. Yes, I do. But.." she trails off and I give her a moment. "You're leaving soon." Her eyes fill with sadness, and guilt fills me.

"I know." I look down to my feet. "This all feels crazy." She nods and smiles up at me.

"I can agree." She tells me, a feeling of relief rushes through me. She kicks at the rocky dirt as we stand, life moving on around us.

"Maybe it's best if we forget about each other." The relief I just felt is replaced with panic.

"Kristina, ever since I've met you, I couldn't stop thinking about you. It won't be that easy." I plead.

"I know. I'm sorry. It's just taking me a while to acknowledge what is happening. And the fact that you're leaving in a few days." He beautiful hazel eyes are full of sorrow and it's killing me.

"So come with me." I suggest. She opens her mouth to speak but stops herself. I grab her hands and hold them in mine.

________

Kristina's POV

He takes my hands in his own and jolts of electricity are sent through my body. Come with him? I couldn't do that.

Or could I?

"I don't know, Jack." I'm dazed. He wants me to come with him? "This is all happening so fast, I need to think about this."

He nods his head.

"I understand. This is happening too fast, but it feels right." I can agree with what he just said. It feels so right, but weird. He likes me, but I still just can't let that sink in.

"I'm sorry to make you think so fast about everything. I don't want you to do anything you don't want to. I mean we can just get to know each other better too.."

"Jack." I cut him off. "It's okay," I give him an assuring smile and he sends a wide one back.

"Friends? At least for now.." He says, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course." I giggle and we begin to walk back to his car.

___________

Well this fucking sucked ass... Soooo yeah, you can probably guess what's going to happen next haha...

SO KRISTINA IS SHAILENE WOODLEY.. And Jack is jack of course... okayyy

Vote/ comment on what you think may happen?(:

-Sarah aka ANALCROCS