25. - That's How We're Livin' And You Know You Can't Touch This

Start from the beginning

When we were outside we just walked down the street and laughed about our own stupidity. Tracey had grabbed another bottle – really, where does she all hide them, her bag was fuckin’ small, when she had arrived – and we were drinking when Jess phone ringed. “It’s JB, be quiet,” she said and Tracey and I just laughed along. Nap was walking at our side and when I thought Jess had talked enough with her boyfriend I grabbed the phone and told JB, that tonight was a girls night and that he could have her the whole day tomorrow. With these words I hung up and turned towards Jess. “Why are you sitting on the pavement?” I asked confused.

“I got tired of standing,” she said and shrugged her shoulders.

“Just take a sip and go further,” Tracey said and shoved the bottle in her face.

-x-

I groaned when I woke up. I hoped I will make it to the bathroom before throwing up, I thought and noticed first that there was someone beside me in my bed. My first thought was Johnny but I noticed that the arm around my torso belonged to a woman – who was Tracey.

I groaned and when I looked back to the bed I saw another person lying there. What the fuck had happened last night? And why does my back hurt that much? I just shrugged and walked into the bathroom to do my business.

I showered and got dressed and even hovered up and picked up the mess they had left the last night, but none of the two girls woke up. I shook my head and regretted it, when I noticed the headache I had. A glance at my clock told me I didn’t had time for a walk with Nap so I just wrote a note for Jess and Tracey to tell them where I went and asked them if they could do the walk with Nap.

I wasn’t really sober and had just taken an Advil, so I decided to walk to the studio. We would talk about the last things before we’re gone for months and I was glad that I didn’t have to play the drums today. I didn’t know if I could handle that with my headache.

Surprised I realized that I was the first one at the studio. I switched on the light, started the coffee machine and laid down on the couch, which stood in the corner. I closed my eyes and waited for the others to arrive. “Hey Kay, how are you doin’?” I heard Larry ask. I opened my eyes and saw him standing over me.

“I’m okay, just a little headache. How are you and where are the others?” I asked.

“They’re waiting outside. I wanted to talk to you first. So, first of all I have a question for you and I expect you to answer truthfully.” I nodded and was a bit concerned about his serious tone. I put my legs from the couch so I sat and he could sit next to me, which he did. “Do you want to continue with your job?”

“Yeah, sure why you’re asking? You’re afraid I would ditch you?” I asked playfully.

“Well actually… uhm… I got a call when we were in New York. Warner Brothers called me to tell me that they don’t want to keep you anymore and won’t renew your contract.” I was sure my jaw had hit the floor by now. “They thought you would cause too much trouble and.. nah, that wasn’t what I wanted to tell you. I told the guys about it and as soon as they heard the news they told me I should search for a new label.” If my jaw wouldn’t lay on the floor already it sure would have now.

“What?” I asked.

“It was their first decision and they didn’t think twice about it. Well they asked their wifes about it, as this is a huge decision and I wanted to make sure, that you were into it, before,” I didn’t let him finish his sentence. I hugged him and squeezed the whole air out of him.

“I take that as a yes,” he laughed when I let go of him.

“A 100% yes. I won’t let you down. They guys are outside, you said?” he nodded and I almost jumped outside. Matt was the first one to see and I almost tackled him down.

“Whoa, slow down there,” I could make out his voice through his laughter.

“I better do, I feel sick again,” I said and hugged him again, before letting him go and walking over to Gates. “Thank you so fuckin’ much, guys, I swear I won’t let you down,” I said while walking over to Zacky and after hugging him, I hugged Johnny and this hug lasted longer than the others. He seemed surprised and held me near him with his hands on my back.

“You better do not,” I heard Brian and then Zacky, who announced we would have a group hug now. I laughed when I saw all my favorite guys around me.

“Enough of that! Come inside, we have a lot to talk about. You can do, what you want tonight at your party,” Larry announced and we followed him to discuss everything.

I'm really really sorry, but this will be the last chapter for some time. I usually didn't want to pause it, but I don't have a choice. There had been some difficulties with my new apartment, but I think I can finally move in two weeks. So until I haven't renew the apartment and moved in and stuff like that I don't have the time for writing. But I promise I'm going to write some more when I'm finally living in the new apartment. I hope you're going to stay tuned.