Chapter 30: I'm up for it.

Start from the beginning

"Elaborate or else..."

"Okay calm down pal, you could have denied going on this vacation. You could have pulled up an excuse. You are the owner of Kirst Industries. Anything could've come up. But you decided to go with it... why?"

"Why?" I asked him, intrigued.

"Because you miss her. You know that you will get to be close to her on this vacation. So you want her to go."

"That's bullshit." I deny his assumption even though my subconscious is totally agreeing with him.

"Why so?"

"Because we're getting divorced." I tell him.

"Was this your decision?" he asked me.

"No. She wanted it."

"This proves my point further. You've always wanted what you can't have. You want her."

"Remind me again, why I called you and not Noel?" I ask him jokingly.

"Cos you know that asshole is not gonna say anything you want to listen to right now."

"What exactly do I want to listen to, Jake?"

"You just need and external voice to kick start your puny brain before it gets too late and you lose her. Your own subconscious couldn't beat your ego. So I had to beat its ass for you."

I laughed because he was right. He was always the smartest out of us three.

"And how would Noel not help to kick start my brain?"

"He's an asshole. It's that simple."

"Haha, seriously, why?"

"Noel has just been through a divorce okay? And he caught his wife cheating on him. In his opinion, marriage is temporary and women are not to be trusted. I wouldn't blame him. His mum ran away when he was a kid and then what happened with his wife."

"So why shouldn't I listen to him? He could be right."

"He could be right only about certain women. Not a girl like Sarah or Claire for that matter."

"True." I admitted. She could've started dating someone. Or lived with another guy when I went away. Instead she stayed at her friend's place. I asked Martin to do a background check on the place she was staying at.

"So, before it's too late, just show her how you feel. Most importantly, apologize for the way you treated her." He instructed me.

"It's not that easy you know." I sighed. Especially not easy when she stays away from me. Which is again my fault. I pushed her away.

"God can't make it easier for you."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"When are you guy leaving on the vacation?"

"Tomorrow." I replied.

"Then you shall start tomorrow."

"Start what?"

"Fixing you marriage."

"How are you sure I want to fix it?" I asked him.

"Remember that night when she was dancing with this guy who looked better than you?"

"Okay I want to fix it." I replied quickly my blood boiling with err...I guess it's okay to admit it now...jealousy.

"You up for it?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'm up for it." I told him determinedly.

He laughed victoriously. "I won."

"Go to hell, Hades."

"Hey, I'm Poseidon. Noel is Hades, remember?" He argued about our childhood codenames for each other. I was Zeus, making the decisions. Noel was Hades, creating problems. Jacob was Poseidon, the peacemaker.

I laughed remembering our stupidity. "Yeah, whatever Poseidon. Thanks, man."

"Anytime."

I ended the call.

Tomorrow, I start new. Everything came rushing to my mind, the kiss, dancing with her, seeing her in that beautiful dress at the ball, her eyes that never left me on Jacob's wedding, her innocence that I'd taken advantage of, her love for my parents and seeing her with another guy. I vowed to myself that I will do anything and everything to fix my relationship with Sarah. I finally realized the truth. I need her.

Author's note: hey guys. Well I might update frequently now that my exams are all over. I hope you like this long chapter. I love Jacob. What do you guys think? i love their kiddy codenames, suits them yeah? Keith is finally getting things into his brain... do you feel sorry for Noel? What do you think Sarah will do? Stay tuned to find out... ;) please comment and vote and recommend. Thanks for all the support.

Love, Essy <3