I close my eyes and my sweating eventually stops.

"Why didn't you tell me that you get panic attacks?"Dylan ask after I calmed down.

"I didn't think it was relevant," I say.

"Um... I think it is," he says sarcastically.

"How'd you know what to do?" I ask, not many people know how to get me back to normal when I get my attacks. Usually, my mom, Esther, and my younger brother can control me once I do.

"I use to get them all the time when I was younger," Dylan says sitting next to me, "the key is to know what triggers them and try to stay away from that particular thing or medication might help too," he adds.

I stay silent without saying anything and stare at the ceiling, "do you know what triggers yours?" he ask catching my attention.

"Yeah," I say remembering the memories.

"What does?"

"Um..."  I start pacing around the room.

"Okay, you don't have to tell me, if you don't want to," he says.

"Okay," I say still pacing the room.

"Yeah, I'll drive you home if you want," he says putting on a shirt.

"No, it's fine, I need to finish your paper."

"You can do that at home," he says grabbing his keys.

"No, I'm fine Dylan and I don't want to go home. I don't want you to feel bad for me or treat me like I'm vulnerable because I'm not," I say getting a little angry. I hate when people have pity for me, like I'm not a danm lady in distress or anything.

"Okay," he says sitting back down, "I just want to know if it's something I did."

"Kinda," I say closing my eyes.

"What do you mean kinda?" He ask touching my chin making me look him in the eye.

I take a deep breath and decide to tell him. I mean I got to trust him, "when people touch me sexually it causes me to go back to the night when I was rape and all I can picture is me laying there not being able to do anything."

"Wait, you were rape?"He ask in a high tone,"when? and why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because I didn't think it was relevant," I say as if stating the obvious.

"Stop with the relevant crap, I want to know everything about you and that's an order not an option."

"Okay," I say.

"Anyways, what happened?"

"Well, it was my freshman year of high school and I use to date this guy name Paul. We went to a party for the football team after wining state championship, Paul was the captain of the team so of course we had to go," I pause a bit.

"Come on, continue," Dylan says holding my hands.

"So, against my mother's wishes I went to the party and I got drunk. At first, I didn't want to drink anything, but the more I drunk the more it made me forget about reality. My dad just died at that time and the alcohol made me forget all the pain I was feeling. Anyways, to keep the story short Paul decided to drive me home and he-," I sniff and wipe away a tear that fell on my cheek.

"You don't have to continue, I know what you are going to say next," Dylan says as if seeing my discomfort, "that bastard!" He yelled hitting his hands on the wall. "Please tell me he is rotting somewhere in a cell."

"Nope, I believe he is currently attending Alabama state university and is the quarterback of the team," I say.

"Why didn't you call the police or tell your mom?"

"I did, but who do you think they are going to believe the poor black girl or the son of the mayor who everyone loves?" I ask.

"Gosh, I hate when that happens. You know we can still press charges against him, I'll help, he can finally pay for what he did to you."

"Dylan,"

"What?"

"I've moved on, it doesn't matter, just let it go okay?"

"Well, it doesn't look like you've moved on and you haven't entirely moved on until you can tell the story without crying," he says pointing to one of my tears and wiping it with his hands.

"Just forget it, please?"

"Okay I will, but you know I would never hurt you right?" He ask giving me a hug.

"Yeah, I know."

AN

Poor Marie-Anne...

And if there is anyone out there who has suffered sexual abuse from a boyfriend, parent, or stranger please report to someone you trust. A police officer, a parent, a teacher, or a friend. Just know that no one is above the law.

Thanks for reading, vote and comment.

Au revoir...