10~Test?

Marie-Anne

"I like you Marie-Anne and I want you to be my girlfriend." He says waiting for an answer.

I stand there dumbfounded at what I just heard. The moment I heard the word girlfriend my mind wandered back to high school. Hearing the word hurts me. The last person who called me or asked me to be their girlfriend was Paul Russell. And that was a big mistake. No, no, I can't be anyone's girlfriend.

"Marie-Anne, Marie-Anne," Dylan says while shaking my body bringing me back from my train of thoughts.

"I'm sorry Dylan, but I can't be your girlfriend," I say harshly. I then move my body away from him, walking to the front door. I open the front door pointing my hands outside so he can leave.

Without arguing he walks straight out the door. Before he can leave he turns around and stares at me without saying a word with a blank expression.

Not regretting what I said I close the door and rush to my room banging the door loudly acting like a teenager who's parents just told her that she can't go to a party.

I don't know why I'm so mad, I made the right decision. I don't need another Paul in my life.
❤❤❤❤❤❤
"Come on Paul we shouldn't be in here," I yelled at Paul who was sitting inches apart from me. The music grew louder in the club we were sitting. Girls were dressed as sluts dancing with any guy they could find.

Paul, I, and the others from his football team sat there, taking one shot after the other.

Even though I was drunk I could feel the guilt, what happened to me. I'm only fifteen, what am I doing at a club? I asked myself. Wanting the guilt to go away I took another shot.

I was about to take another one when a strong hand stopped me. Paul took it from me. I frowned at him, but his husky voice made me forget.

"Sorry honey, but you've had enough." He said.

"Let's go dance," I yelled at him.

He got up from his seat and I grabbed his hands walking to the dance floor. I moved my hips in front of him to the beat of the song. Before I knew it, I was dancing to songs after songs.

"Ah, ah, ah" I laughed as Paul tried to get me in his car. I laughed and laughed.

With my blurry eyes I can see him walk across the car, he opened the door and got in the driver's seat. He turns his gaze towards me, and I give him a small smile.

He reaches over and kisses my lips. He places small kisses all over my neck. He takes his hands and unbuttons my top. I allow all that to happen. Before I knew it, his pants were coming off, from far away I can hear the belt. I feel something thrusts inside my body. When I feel the pain, I yell for him to stop, he continues and gives me an evil smile. I yell as loud as I can, but no one comes to my rescue.

"Marie, Marie," I hear a voice call. I get up and see Esther sitting on the tip of my bed.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, why?" I ask back trying to ignore what I just dreamt about.

"Well, you were screaming in your sleep again," She says reaching to give me a hug.

"Yeah," she hugs me and we stay like that for a few minutes before she gets up to go cook us dinner.

I stay in my room thinking about what happened that night. All that could have been avoided. I was just too naive back then.

I don't know why, but I feel dirty. I take my clothes off and get in the shower.

After thirty minutes of letting the water run through my body, I get out. I take my pajama and put it on and walk to the kitchen.

Esther sets a plate of food on the island and calls me to come sit. I sit and play with the food.

After the long silence, Esther finally says something. "Why are you playing with your food, you're not hungry?" she asks.

"No, I don't feel like eating" I reply back.

"Okay fine, you don't have to," she takes my plate and put the food in the fridge. she's so understanding, that's why she's my best friend. When Esther sits back down, she eyes me and sits like she's waiting for something from me.

"What?" I ask after the long wait.

"Well, you haven't dreamt about Paul in a long time, aren't you gonna tell me what triggered it? I mean did you see him, did something happen? Did someone try to hurt you again?" She inquires one after the other.

"No, E nothing happened okay," I say trying to convince her that I am fine when the truth is I am really hurting inside.

"Are you sure?" She questions again.

"Yes."

"Marie, how long have I've known you?" she asks, what does that have to do with anything?

"Um... 10 years," I respond.

"Yes, so that means I know you very well. You're lying, now are you gonna tell me what happened or will I have to force it out of you?"

"Okay, fine. Dylan asked me to be his girlfriend." E gasps and gets up jumping like a high school girl.

"But, what does that have to do with paul?" She asks after she was done with her little charade.

"Well, remember what happened last time someone asked me to be their girlfriend?" I ask reminding her of freshman year.

"Oh, yeah. But that doesn't mean it's gonna happen again, not all guys are the same, Marie."

"Yeah, I guess." Deep down I want to believe that Esther is right, truth is I know she is right. It's not like I don't trust boys because of one little thing; it's just the pain. I don't want to have to go through the pain again. I've learned my lesson. Life was giving me a test, I might not have passed my first try, but that's why there are second chances.

And I won't fail this time.

A/N

Please vote and comment your opinion.

What do you think Paul did to Marie-Anne?