What The Blind Can See

Ethan was now blind

     Ethan was now blind.  But it didn't matter, he was going to get his friend back no matter what. As Ethan and Emma neared Seth's hideout, Ethan threw on a contraption of Emma's.  It was an ultrasonic sensor, bouncing sounds off of everything around it, and detecting the distance around the user, like a bat's echolocation.  Stepping out of the car, Emma and Ethan walked right through the front door, stunning every guard with Emma's weapons.  Disabling the guards? Easy.  Getting In?  Easy.  Beating Seth and his weapons he stole from Emma?  Not so much.  As they stepped inside, Seth was sitting calmly, weapons trained on an 8 year old girl.  "Again, you make a move, I kill her."  Seth said. "And don't try and swipe her with teleportation.  I already have a force field set up."   "You don't think I know how to disable my own inventions?"  Emma laughed.  With a press of a button, the force field disabled, and Ethan sprung into action, teleporting the girl safely to the outskirts of the nearest city.

     "Thank you, kind sir."  The girl said.  "Go find your parents."  Ethan said.  "But we just ran away from my daddy."  The girl replied nonchalantly.  The girl was Seth's kid!  "What's your name?" The girl asked.  "My name is Ethan. Remember me, and what I've done for you, so that you may do so to the rest of the world."  In a flash of purplish black light, Ethan disappeared again.  "Oh, I will remember," The girl said.  "My daddy was scary.  Daddy's friends were scary. But I just met someone who had a heart.  I won't forget you, Ethan!  I will change the world!"

     Ethan reappeared just in time to engage in combat.  Emma had pulled out all her weapons at once, firing at Seth with crazy eyes.  "DIE, YOU FAT EVIL PIG!!!"  Emma screamed.  "Emma, you're not playing Angry Birds!"  Ethan yelled over the loud blasts of Emma's weapons.  "Oh, right! DIE, YOU FAT, EVIL, RETARDED, FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!  That better?"  Emma yelled.  Ethan shrugged before breaking into a fourth dimensional charge, slamming into Seth, making him stop, causing all the weapon blasts to hit.  He was instantly thrown to the wall, slowed, tazed, and tied up all at once.  "Come on, let's go find Alice!"  Emma and Ethan started to run to the next room until Ethan saw Seth aiming one of his guns at Emma.  He was able to throw most of the bullets into the fourth dimension, but he was too distracted that one hit his echolocation sensor, busting it and disabling Ethan's vision once again.  "Too late to stop now," Ethan thought, before taking Emma's hand, guiding him to the next room.

     In that room, Alice was tied up, heavily guarded.  All Ethan could focus on were Alice's cries for help.  So he focused on that.  He bottled up all his sorrow, all his anger, and focused on his spark of hope with Alice.  Every jolting touch.  Every electrifying kiss.  Ethan opened that vision up, and slipped into the fourth dimension.  Suddenly, in a flash of light, his emotions exploded.  In a flash of light, his world turned from darkness into light.  He could see again!

     With a new sense of vigor, Ethan rushed forward with inhuman speed even in the fourth dimension, and started beating the shit out of the guards. Guards being knocked about by a purplish black light as a volley of blasts came from Emma's weapons. In no time, they had defeated all the guards.

     Ethan rushed towards Alice. He quickly untied her and pulled her into a deep hug. "Alice, what kept me from killing myself everyday, in times of trouble, was you. When I learned to teleport, I focused on you. The vision I have now, I gained by focusing on you.  My love for you, Alice, is what makes the blind see. And so he kissed her.

     Alice widened her eyes before kissing back.  "I love you too," Alice moaned into Ethan's lips.  "I have... for forever.  Everything you said, was true about me too.  I was scared so many times that I would lose you.  Losing you would make me lose myself.  But I was scared that if I told you,  I would lose you anyway."  And they kissed again.

     "Come on guys!  What do you think this is?!? A sappy romance story published on Wattpad?"  Emma exclaimed, winking at the reader.  "Let's get the hell out of here first! Then you can admit your burning passion for each other!"

     "Burning?  I LOVE BURNING!"  Seth exclaimed as he burst into the room, carrying two flamethrowers in each hand.  He aimed one at Ethan and Alice, the other at Emma.  In a panic, Emma threw her very last force field in front of Ethan and Alice, repelling the fire, but sacrificing herself in the process.

     Fueled with anger, Ethan and Alice charged at Seth, in a similar way as they did at Emma when they first discovered her laboratory.  Alice jump kicked one flamethrower out of one of Seth's hands.  Seth whipped around, aiming his second flamethrower at Alice, when all of a sudden Ethan zoomed in up, grabbing the flamethrower and throwing it in the fourth dimension.

     Seth tried going hand to hand with Ethan, but to no avail as Ethan was infinitely quicker in the fourth dimension.  While he was fighting Ethan, Seth didn't realize Alice come in behind with the flamethrower and knock Seth over the head with it, knocking him unconscious.

     Rushing to Emma, Ethan and Alice knelt down to Emma's dying body.  Emma chuckled. "Well, it's time for the cliche death of a lovable character..."  Emma breathed out.  "Don't say that!  We can help!"  Ethan and Alice exclaimed.  "No, I must die like this.  I'm from the future, remember?  I can't change the timeline."  Emma sighed.  "Well, since you saved me, Ethan, I might as well pay you back."  Ethan blinked. "When did I-" Ethan was cut off by Emma. "Remember that little girl? That was me, Ethan. You saved me. And I remembered you. And I helped change the world." Emma took one last breath before her breathing stopped altogether.