- 34 -

Jack had convinced me to stay over, giving me the option of staying in Conor's bed or his. Not wanting to be alone, I chose to stay in Jack's room. Jack hands me some clothes to sleep in.

"Do you mind me sleeping in my boxers?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"No, go ahead. I'm gonna go change in the bathroom," I tell him, to which he nods in acknowledgement before I leave his room to head to the bathroom. Josh is walking out of the bathroom when I reach it. We give each other a small smile before he passes me to his bedroom. I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me. I catch my reflection in the mirror and cringe at my red, blotchy face from the sobbing. I turn on the sink and lightly wet my face to freshen it up before changing into the clothes Jack gave me. It's one of his plain white shirts and a pair of loose shorts that I had to roll up to fit onto my small frame better. I sigh to myself before grabbing my clothes and dragging myself back to Jack's room. I toss my clothes in the corner and climb into bed next to Jack. He's laying against the wall to give me space. I turn to look at him.

"You don't have to be so far away Jack," I tell him.

"You're my brother's girlfriend. I don't think it's appropriate for me to cuddle you," Jack tells me, trying to make a light joke.

"You and I both know you'd never try anything even if you were cuddling me," I tell him and he smiles.

"Okay," He says before shifting on the bed to move closer to me. I snuggle up to Jack's side as he holds me in a brotherly embrace.

"You're too good to me Jack Maynard," I tell him in a small voice.

"Well you're my friend and Conor's girlfriend so I'm kinda obligated," He teases me a bit. I let out a small laugh before nuzzling my face in his chest and slowly drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, Jack wakes me up with such happy energy that I want to punch him repeatedly.

"Katherine Sophia Chapman, get your cute little ass up! We're going out!"

"Jack, I'm too depressed for your mood right now..." I throw a pillow at him and he starts laughing before crawling onto the bed and pouting at me.

"Please...you need to cheer up and I need someone to go with me to pick out an outfit for Joe and Caspar's movie premiere," Jack playfully begs. I roll my eyes at him before sighing as I decide to give in.

"Fine..." I breathe out. Jack grin widely at me and jumps off the bed.

"Good! Now hurry up, we're leaving in 15 minutes," He tells me. I shake my head at him and get up to grab my clothes from yesterday. I change in the bathroom and use my finger to 'brush' my teeth, using Conor's toothpaste. I frown as I stare at the toothpaste in my hand. This is all Cody's fault. He posted that stupid song and ruined things with Conor once again. I'm never gonna speak to Cody again.

Never.

Jack drags me to the shops as I help him pick out his Jaspar premiere outfit. I push him into the dressing room after handing him some garments.

"You should pick out something too. I'm sure Conor is gonna take you," I hear Jack say behind the curtain.

"I'm surprised he and Joe made up so fast but I don't think Conor is planning on taking me anymore..." I trail off. Just then Jack walks out dressed in the clothes I gave him.

Damn he pulls it off really well.

"Oh, come on, Kat. Conor's crazy about you, trust me. He's just feeling misplaced hurt over Cody's song to you," Jack reassures me. I look down and run my hand through my long brunette locks.

"Besides I strictly remember Conor saying to you awhile back that he wants to marry you someday," Jack adds as he smirks at me. I playfully push him and he starts laughing.

"Back to my outfit...what do you think?" Jack asks, gesturing the clothes he's currently wearing.

"I can you that Eve will love it," I tell him smugly as a smirk forms on my mouth. Jack playfully glares at me.

"What's going there anyway?" I ask him.

"I honestly don't know what is going on with her. One minute, she hates me and the next, she's the one coming onto me," Jack responds, a confused look on his face.

"Look, I know she's a close friend of yours and I know I can be quite a flirt but I really do like her," Jack admits, looking completely defeated. I smile at him and pull him into a side hug.

"For what it's worth, I think you and her are a real good match. You compliment each other," I tell him, making him smile genuinely at me.

"Thanks sis." I smile at Jack calling me 'sis' because even though he playfully flirts with me to annoy Conor, we really are like brother and sister at the end of the day. Jack is like my backup Jim sometimes. He may not be as 'wise' as my brother Jim but he definitely knows how to cheer me up.

Jack changing back into his clothes and pays for the ones we picked out for the premiere then he drags me into a women's clothing shop to pick out something for me to wear to the premiere. I browsed a bit before finally a cute solid black jumpsuit. I pay for it then drag Jack back out to the street. I'm about to walk across the crosswalk when I hear Jack shout my name. I turn to look at him and all I see next is a blur as I feel my body being hit by a large metal object. As I feel my body hit the ground, my ears are ringing and I can't hear anything. I see the blurred image of Jack rushing over to me as I make out him yelling at someone to call for an ambulance. Jack pulls me into his arms as my vision fades to black and I lose consciousness.