- 14 -

After driving to my destination, I get out of Jim's car and walk up to the apartment I'm looking for. When I get there, I see that girl from the video that Conor slept with standing there talking to him. I can't help but feel hurt as I see her flirting with him. I feel the tears start to form as Conor's head turns to look in my direction. I reach up and unclasp the necklace from my neck and throw it on the floor before turning away and heading back to Jim's car. I can hear Conor running after me. I jump into Jim's car just as Conor reaches me.

"Kat! Wait!" He bangs on the window of the driver door as I turn on the car. I ignore him and drive off back to where everyone is still hanging out at my birthday party. I look in the rear-view mirror to see Conor jumping into his car and follow me.

I'm quick to park Jim's car and run inside but Conor is still running after me. I make it to the party just as Conor reaches me. He grabs my arm and spins me around to face him. The tears are now streaming down my cheeks. I can't bring myself to look at him. I notice Jim walking over to stop him and Jack comes over to Conor's side.

"No, don't bother. It's not worth it," I tell my brother then I go to walk towards Joe.

"Kat wait... Katherine!" I had stop walking when I heard my full name come out of Conor's mouth.

"Listen to me, she came by to talk to me but I swear nothing happened. I told her to leave and she wouldn't and then you turned up. Kat, please look at me....." His voice breaks at that moment, making tears form in my eyes.

"I hate the fact that we broke up a few years back but every morning and every night, you are the only thing on my mind and I know there was nothing I could do about us because I still had you in a way. Having you as a friend is more then I deserve, it's better then not having you at all in my life. Just please don't walk away again.... I love you, always have." I look over at Joe with tears blurring my vision and he frowns at me.

"It kills me to know that I was the one that cause you pain. That I was the one that broke your heart and made you cry. You're my best friend, Kat. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." Conor is now standing in front of me again, making me only focus on him and his words.

"None of the music stuff matters to me if you're not there right beside me. I didn't care what they said then and I don't care what they say now. I've only ever wanted you. If only I had known all these years that you had still wanted me completely, I swear I would've never let you go." He reaches his hands up to my face and uses his thumbs to wipe away my tears.

"Please tell me you still want me." I open my mouth to respond but no sound comes out. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Jim silently tell everyone to gives us privacy while doing the whirly finger motion and point at the door then he and everyone quietly leave the room. Joe was hesitant but Oli dragged him out, leaving Conor and I standing alone in this big room.

"Conor I-" I start to speak but stop myself.

"Just tell me the truth," Conor begs, making me sigh.

"I will always love you and want to be with you but I just don't know if we should. I can't keep playing these games."

"I'm not playing any games with you." I look into his eyes to see that he's completely serious. I open my mouth to say something but once again no sound comes out so I bite my bottom lip as habit. Conor looks down at my lips when I do so and slowly start to lean in, his hands still on my face this whole time. His lips meet mine in a painfully slow, awkward kiss. My hands tightly grip the sides of his shirt.

Once we part from the kiss, we couldn't help but share an awkward laugh. Conor drops his hands from my face and slide down my arms to where my hands are still gripping into his shirt.