Chap. 6 Conversations

Chapter 6- Conversations

Warnings: Huh… weird. None for this chap. J

3rd person

Tohru observed the restaurant as she waited for their food to arrive. The restaurant was dimly lit. Greenery filled the otherwise near empty walls and floor space. The silverware gleamed in the dim light. The whole place seemed to have 4 rooms separated by archways. The room they were in was laid out in the shape of a diamond. All the tables and chairs lined the walls but it didn't feel cramped. In the middle of the room a large fountain flowed beautifully. 'WOW' was all she could think.

Then she noticed a clock on the opposing wall. 'oops. It's that late already? They're probably all worried.' "Ah…umm…. Akito, do you know if I could use the phone?" Tohru asked timidly. Did Akito have a cell phone. Maybe she could use the restaurants phone. "Shigure and the others are probably worried. I told them I would be grocery shopping so…" Akito pulled a cell phone out of his pocket.

"Fine go ahead. But don't tell them you're with me." he said handing her the phone.

"W...Why not?"

Akito sighed 'idiot' "Because you idiot. If you told them you were with me that dumb cat would show up and start trashing things. And that is one bill I will not foot the pay for." 'why would Kyo do that?' she thought.

"Oh… well, ok then." Tohru smiled and walked outside as to not disturb other customers as she began to dial Shigure's home phone.

Tohru's Pov.

I dialed the home phone number for Shigure's house, hopping someone would actually answer. I really hope me being out won't cause them too much inconvenience. They would have to make there own dinner tonight.

Sorry Kyo. I knew it would be Kyo cooking in my place, and if it wasn't then I'll REALLY feel bad. I don't mean to be mean, but Yuki is a REALLY bad cook. If Kyo wasn't cooking then it would have to be Yuki. Then I'd feel even worse because then usually they decide to skip dinner when that happens. Often after a few explosions in the kitchen and staring at food that could possible kill their taste buds forever and then throwing it away.

"Hello. Shigure Sohma speaking."

"Oh… Shigure…" I started only to be interrupted by him.

"Tohru! Are you ok?"

"Umm… yes. I'm fine."

"Oh… good. So where may I ask is our precious cook? I'm just about starving and Kyo and Yuki are out looking for you."

"W…What? Looking for me?" I looked at the time again. Seven thirty. Opps. that's an awfully long time to spend grocery shopping. They must have been worried sick. I feel terrible. "Do you know where they are?" I asked.

"Maybe I should go find them so they don't keep aimlessly searching for me." Or worse, if they did find us. Akito told me not to tell them I was with him and I can't leave him here by himself. Besides I already ordered food. Sigh.

"Tohru. Tooohhrrruu!" Huh. "I said that they said they were going to look for you at the festival, but if your busy they have my cell phone so I can just call them tell them your fine. We'll order a pizza. Do you want me to save you some?"

"Really? Thank you Shigure! I don't need any pizza. I am eating right now. Well, waiting on food anyhow. I won't be home for a while still though."

"O..Ok. Your welcome. See you when you come home. Oh… and Tohru, you wouldn't perhaps know where Akito is, would you?" Dang! so close. Now what? I don't want to lie but I told Akito I wouldn't tell them I was with them.

"N..No, Sorry. I haven't seen Akito since this morning." my conscious is gonna kill me when I get home.

"Oh, ok. Thanks anyhow. See you when you get home and remember you have school tomorrow so don't stay out to late." Shigure sounded as though he was trying to stifle a laugh. Does he know I'm with Akito?

"O..Ok. See you when I get home. Goodbye." I franticly shut the phone and went back to sit with Akito.

"How'd it go? The cat on his way?" Akito asked in monotone. I think he was trying to playful with his choice of words… but it doesn't work if you don't say it jokingly. I inward sigh.

"F…fine. No, Kyo's not coming. Actually Shigure told me Kyo and Yuki were worried and left to search for me." I answered. "I feel sorta bad that I made them worry so much as to actually come looking for me." I said on an off note. "Shigure said he was going to call them and tell them I was fine though so they don't have to keep aimlessly searching." I smiled at the fact that my time with Akito wasn't over yet. Just then our food came and we ate in silence.