Chapter 18 - Confession

Chapter 18

Akito’s Pov.

“If today's the day I die

Lay me down under the lights

Let me fall in love

Let me save a life

And let me lose my voice

Singing all my favorite songs

Let me stare up at the stars

'Cause it's where we all belong

My heart like a firework in my chest

My only regret is having regrets

Traveled the world

I loved every step…”

The whole song I was smirking in Tohru’s direction. I don’t like other people eyeing what’s mine. or Tohru looking at anyone else but me. She stared at me hardly blinking, eyes wide with happiness and awe, smiling at me. 

I ended the song repeating the chorus “And baby I'm living louder

And dreaming longer tonight

(We're living louder, we're living louder)

And baby I'm fighting harder

And loving stronger tonight

(We're loving stronger, we're loving stronger)

'Cause we're all just kids

Who grew up way too fast

Yeah the good die young

But the great will always last

We're growing older

But we're all soldiers tonight” The crowd erupted into cheers and I smiled instead of smirking for a change. I went and returned the guitar and microphone to it’s place in the instrument/control center by the stage. As soon as I exited Tohru came up and hugged me. 

“That was amazing, Akito! I didn’t know you could play guitar, or sing. I’m so glad I got to learn more about you today.” Her smile became slightly shyer as she grabbed my hand and leaned up on her tip toes to kiss my cheek. “Happy Birthday.” she said placing something cool metal like in my hand. I opened my hand to see a thin charm bracelet with three tiny charms on it. On one side was a sun charm, the other a moon charm, and in the middle was a slightly larger heart shaped charm. 

“I have one too. It’s a pair to match.” she said blushing showing the slim bracelet around her wrist I had failed to notice earlier. I gave her a small smile and kissed her head. 

“Thank you.” 

Yuki’s Pov. * Time Skip *

It’s December, now the second day of winter vacation. A lot has happened since April when I talked to Kyo in my garden. Akito and Tohru have been openly dating since Akito’s birthday. For quite sometime we were all rather protective of her, but we’ve come to be used to them being together and they seem really happy. I’d never seen Akito smile before. At least not a smile that didn’t send a chill through me. 

Akito has stayed in good health and seem to be growing stronger, I can tell Hatori seems to be hoping that by some miracle Akito will live despite the curse, but we all know curses are impossible things that do the even more impossible. 

Akito’s cabin / house was finished being built in late May but he really is only over there when he is working or when Miss. Honda is at work. He even sleeps over here. With Tohru! I’m not sure who blew up the most when they found out how often they did that, me or Kyo. Miss. Honda is my friend but in some ways I feel like an over protective older brother.