6 | Switch

"Brother... What is he doing here?" She still clutched her brother's robes and hid behind him, peeking at the dark magi who was trying to hold in his joy.

At this moment, she was just too adorable. Even the darkest of Magis would stop just to admire her. This wasn't the time for that, though.

Her confusion, to him, seemed unfounded. To her, it should've been obvious why he was in the room. After all, their conversational exchange had just happened moments before her brother had entered the room. Or it was more like the person who had shared that moment with him was the other her.

The fearless her. The bold her. The her who seemed unbeatable.

What was with the change in personalities? He got that the Rukh were protecting her and that she could control them at will. But could they change a person's personality just like that?

Things were just getting stranger and stranger.

His eyes sparkled mischievously as the protective prince glared at him from across the room, the princess still half-hidden behind his back.

"That's what I would like to know too." Hakuryuu's eyes hardened even more. "Why are you here, Judar?"

"Welp, it's time for me to go!" Judar turned swiftly and made for the window. Just before jumping down he looked back at the princess and said, "see you again princess." He winked at her and then jumped from the window, landing at the bottom.

Hakuryuu leaned out the window and yelled, "get back here Judar!"

His sister sniffled behind him and held her sleeve to her mouth. "B-brother.."

Hakuryuu sighed and led the princess to her bed, before tucking her in and ruffling her hair. "Just forget about what happened today and get some rest." He smiled at her and then went to leave the room. "Big brother will talk to Judar."

"Ok..." And then she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.