3 | Different Than What They Perceive

After what seemed like forever, the Rukh slowly parted and revealed the ethereal woman underneath. That was when a rarity happened to the fallen magi; a blush rose to his cheeks, and he turned away with a hmph to hide it.

Trying to control his blazing emotions and turning back to the princess, he couldn't help but still when he saw her expression. There was no trace of fear or hurt in her eyes; confidence was now within them, and it oozed out of her every pore.

What happened to her within that swarm of Rukh? Was it a part of her that no one knew?

"So what do you want with someone pitiful like me?" Her tone was almost mocking and her face grimaced at the word 'pitiful.' Sarcasm laced her words.

Supposedly, the Rukh had sensed her unease and had erased her inner turmoil, leaving behind a different her. A more prideful her. This was a side of her she had kept suppressed, and it had only come out when the rukh had felt her unease.

"I..." For the first time, Judar was at a loss for words. This girl had caught him completely off-guard. "I just wanted to witness the pitiful princess for myself."

"Pitiful... Pitiful..." The princess drew closer to the other magi and came to a stop in front of him. "Yes, that is how people see me, isn't it?"

"A princess who caused an incident many years ago and could do nothing but shut herself away." Anguish entered her eyes and left as fast as it had come. She peered out the window and sighed. "They maintain their distance, and I can sense the fear radiating off of them; they fear me and my abilities. What about you Judar?"

She smiled slightly and locked gazes with him. "Do you fear me?"