Chapter Twenty-One

Lina’s POV

                Jon and I wrestled in the hay for a few minutes before we were both laughing so hard that we were holding our stomachs and wiping stay tears off our faces. Ok so maybe I was a little bit of a softy now and then but it didn’t change the fact that I could still be a hard ass bitch if I needed to be; what was so wrong with being a softy anyways? I still found it amazing how well Jon and I could get along, we were comfortable together; usually it took me a long time to warm up to people but with Jon it was just natural. The more we got to know each other the more alike we seemed to be and the harder it became to make myself keep my distance from him; I knew that he didn’t like me in the same way that I liked him and I had to remind myself that multiple times daily so that I didn’t do anything stupid to mess up the friendship that we had together.

                By the time Friday night rolled around I couldn’t wait to go to Juniors house to let off some steam; Jon was coming along too and we got Caleb to agree to be the designated driver for the night so that he could actually let loose this time too and not have to stay sober. Caleb and Jen showed up just after nine and we all piled into Caleb’s truck and took off towards Juniors. Jon, Jen and I immediately made our way to the kitchen and joined in on the drinking games; before long we were all starting to get buzzed and loosen up. Jen and I tried our hand at Karaoke but she was so off key that we got booed off the makeshift stage after just our first song; Jon convinced me to go up alone about a half an hour later and instead of boos I had the crowd cheering by the time I went back to join the others.

“You really do have a good voice.” Jon complimented me when I found him in the crowd.

“Thanks.” I replied feeling a little self-conscious. “How about you, do you sing?” I asked trying to change the attention from me to him.

“I do a little but you won't get me up on the stage so don’t even think about it.” He said grabbing my arm and pulling me back into the kitchen.

“Jonny Boy! I missed you!” Jen shouted as she came running towards us and crashing into Jons chest; luckily he was still sober enough to keep his balance because Jen was wasted and almost knocked them both to the ground with the force she ran at him with.

“Don’t lie to me Jen.” Jon teased as he righted her back into a proper standing position.

“You’re right; I didn’t miss you that much.” She replied with a grin but then almost immediately it turned to a frown as she looked between the two of us. “Caleb made me play beer pong and now I’m drunk and you’re not.” She pouted.

“Well I guess we just have to play too so that we can catch up!” I told her and her frown changed back into a smile as she pulled me towards the table.

“Hey Jon, come over her man I want you to meet some people.” Caleb called out over the crowd; Jon gave us a smile and excused himself as I took up a position on one side of a table to start a game of pong. Jen was my partner and too drunk to make any balls in the cups so it didn’t take long for me to start catching up to her drunken state.

“So are you two together yet or what?” Jen slurred as she tossed the ball and completely missed the table all together.

“What?” I asked almost choking on the sip of beer I just took. What would make her think that Jon and I were together?

“Oh come on Lina, you can’t seriously be that blind.” She attempted another throw causing our opponents to have to leave the table in search of the ball she tossed half way across the room.

“Jen, you’re drunk.” I replied waving off her comments.

“I know that you like him and that he likes you, so what’s the problem?” She asked; how could someone as intoxicated as her even have the slightest idea that I like Jon? Was I really making it that obvious that I liked him, that even a drunk person could see it?