Chapter Seven

**A/N - A little more Jen time in these next two chapters, hope you all enjoy! ** 

Jon’s POV

            When we got back to the farm after Lina took me to breakfast she dropped me off and said she was going out to see her boyfriend for a while; I found myself slightly disappointed to find out that she was dating someone, although it was stupid for me to feel that way. Sure she was extremely hot and one of the coolest girls I have ever hung out with but I could never date her; she was the daughter of the man that offered me a job and a place to live, I didn’t think that Thomas would take it lightly if I started dating his daughter, actually I don’t think that he would accept the idea at all. The more I got to know Lina the more attracted to her I seemed to become but I had to keep my mind straight, I couldn’t let my feelings for her ruin the opportunity that was given to me; it was a good thing that she had a boyfriend it would stop me from doing something that I was sure to regret.

            When I got back up to the apartment I sat down and watched TV until it was time for lunch and made my way up to the house; Lina wasn’t at lunch so I assumed she was still out with what’s his name, Landon I think? I did finally get a chance to meet Mrs. Walker at dinner though and she seemed like a really nice lady; that is if you didn’t piss her off, I could see the woman flying off the handle if you got on her bad side. I could see where Lina got her looks from; her mother had the same tiny little frame, dark brown hair and tanned skin. No doubt her mother was Mexican but she didn’t have even the slightest of a Mexican accent, it was all southern; the only thing that Lina didn’t take after her mother with was her sea foam green eyes, she got those from her father.

            Dinner went the same as lunch with small talk filling the table; they acted as if I had been friends with them for years, like I was already part of the family and I liked it. It was nice to feel like I belonged somewhere for once and to be surrounded by people who cared; even though they barely knew me they still treated me like I was some long lost family member that they were happy to have back home. After dinner I went back up to my apartment and tried to set the ancient alarm clock that sat next to the bed; it was a round clock that you had to wind to get the second hand to start moving and after struggling with it for ten minutes I was sure that I had the alarm set properly and went to sleep. Someone knocking at my door the next morning woke me up and I rolled out of bed to answer the door; standing on the other side of the door when I opened it was Lina with one hand on her hip and the other holding a container of something.

“Do you have any idea what time it is?” She asked raising her eyebrows.

“Umm…” I turned around to look at the clock on the wall to see it read 7:15; shit, I had missed breakfast again.

“Yeah exactly.” She said pushing her way past me into the apartment.

“My alarm didn’t go off; I don’t even know how the damn thing works.” I complained thinking back on how long I struggled with it the night before.

“Here eat this and if anyone asks I didn’t bring it to you.” She said handing me the container that had some bacon, sausage and eggs in it; I grabbed a fork and sat down at the table to eat.