Chapter Four

Jon’s POV

            I followed her into the little shopping mall and let her lead the way to a department store; she walked straight to the mens department and started fingering through a stack of jeans.

“What size are you?” She asked; I looked down thinking about her question. It had been over a year since I had bought new jeans and couldn’t remember my size; even if I did after all the working out I did while I was locked up I doubt that I would be the same size still.

“I don’t know.”

“Ok, well try these on and let me know how they fit.” She handed me two pairs of jeans and pointed over to the fitting rooms.

            I took the folded jeans from her hands and went into the fitting room to try them on; I stripped out of my sweats and unfolded the first pair of jeans, my mouth hit the floor when I took them in. What the hell? The jeans she had handed me were the type that got smaller as they went down the leg; typical cowboy jeans and not my style. There was no fucking way that I was going to wear these.

“Do they fit?” Her voice came from right outside the stall I was standing in.

“I am not wearing these!”

“Why not?”

“Did you even look at what you handed me? There is no way I am putting these on.”

“Just try them on and let me see.”

“No.”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“If ya’ don’t put them on yourself then I will come in there and do it for you.” She threatened and the door to the stall jiggled; shit, she was serious.

“Fine!” I growled back before slipping on the jeans; looking in the mirror I looked like an idiot, these jeans were not meant for my body type.

“These look stupid, I’m not wearing them.” I complained as I went to take them off.

“Let me see.” She demanded; not feeling like arguing with her I stepped out of the stall.

            Her fingers instantly went to my waistband as she checked to see if the size was right; it was slightly awkward to have her reaching down my pants in the middle of a department store, not that I was really complaining. Once she seemed satisfied with the fit on the waist she took a few steps back and rubbed her chin as she looked me over; she twirled her finger in the air telling me to turn around and I did as she asked.

“You’re right, that’s not the right fit for you. Go take them off and I will bring ya’ somethin’ different.” She said skipping her way back into the store and leaving me to change out of the jeans.