Chapter Five

**

*A/N - I was just going to upload chapter Four today but then I noticed that you get to meet Jen (Just a glimpse) in this next chapter and she is one of my favs so i couldn't resist giving you this chapter too! Hope you enjoy!! ***

Lina’s POV

            When we got back to the farm we both filled our arms with bags and made our way into the barn; I led the way up the stairs to the apartment but when I got to the landing and turned the knob the door was locked. I used the key on my key chain that Bubba had given me and unlocked the door before pushing it open and walking in; I had always done laundry and cleaned for Bubba so he had given me an extra key so that when he wasn’t around I was still able to get into the apartment.

“So you have your own key?” Jon questioned once we set down all the bags on the floor.

“Yeah I used to clean and do laundry for your dad.” I replied; we stood there in silence for a few minutes as he looked around the room.

“The bedroom and bathroom are through there.” I said pointing to the door on the far side of the loft.

            I watched as Jon made his way around the apartment taking everything in. The walls were a rusty red colored wood and the floors were a dark maple; when you first walked in there was a small kitchen and dining area complete with a table and four chairs. Beyond the kitchen there was a sitting area or living room with a dark brown leather couch and a single matching arm chair; there was a small TV sitting on top of a stand on the wall across from the chair and couch. The door to the bedroom was just through the living room and inside there was a queen sized bed, two nightstands each with a deer antler lamp and a wooden dresser; there was a door to the bathroom on the far wall and inside there was a linen closet, vanity, toilet and shower. The apartment was simple but homey at the same time; just being in there always made me feel at home because of all the time I had spent there with Bubba as a kid.

“I didn’t want to change anything after he passed; I thought maybe you would want to see how he lived and get a better idea of what kind of person he was. I left you some boxes and tape on the table so if there’s anything you don’t want you can box it up and I will take it to a charity for you.” I said walking back to the door so that he could have some time alone in the apartment.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Oh breakfast is at sev…” I started but he cut me off.

“Yeah your dad already went over the whole time schedule thing with me.”

“Oh, ok. Well goodnight.” I said before walking out the door and closing it behind me.

            I made my way back out of the barn and hopping on the side-by-side made my way back up to the house; my father asked me how things went when I came in and I told him everything went good. Making my way up to my room I couldn’t help but wonder how Jon was feeling being in his dads apartment for the first time; he seemed nice enough on the whole shopping trip but by the time I left the apartment he seemed like he was starting to clam up. I could only imagine that it had to be hard for him to be in his father’s apartment; he never got to meet him face to face but I knew the two had grown close over the last year through the letters they wrote back and forth. I wanted to ask him if he was ok with everything before I left but I thought it was best to just give him some space and let him adjust to his new surroundings. My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I pulled it out to see my best friend Jen’s smiling face flashing on the screen; a smile spread across my own face as I answered it.