"You're saying I don't know how to fucking drive?" a calm voice with a trace of irritation got their attention.

"Somebody's gotta stop this before someone gets hurt," Jellal on the other car said. The girls had no idea what he was talking about, but Loki did.

"No. I'm saying she shouldn't be so reckless," Sting replied as he faced Natsu.

Lucy could feel the tension surrounding her. She could tell behind his blank eyes, Natsu was mad. And by the looks of it, he was about to get off the bike and pick a fight.

Before things got ugly, she quickly handed her backpack to Sting.

"Don't provoke him," she whispered lowly to the blonde before walking towards Natsu.

Sting was going to argue again but Gajeel pushed him into the van.

"That's enough, brave knight. You don't want to mess with a dragon," Gray chuckled at Sting who slumped on the backseat.

"Mhm. A damn possessive one at that," bandana agreed with a nod as he sat on the front seat.

"Do they have a relationship or something?" Levy asked.

Everyone went silent.

The blonde beside her sighed exaggeratedly and answered,

"He's her ex-boyfriend."

"What?!"

.

.

She got on the bike and fixed the white cap she was wearing as he started to power it up.

The minivan and mustang already drove away ahead of them.

"Hold on to me."

Lucy didn't hesitate to do as she was told. Besides, based on experience, Natsu was never a slow biker. He even used to race on the streets with the boys, with her cheering up for him.

"Tighter."

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" she said as she tightened her hold around him.

"Can't say I'm not," he replied and the bike started to speed up, "You used to love it when I took you for a fast ride."

She didn't say anything.

Her hair blew with the wind as they drove. The sceneries they passed by were wonderful. The track towards the lakehouse was filled with different views of nature. And there was no traffic. Totally peaceful.

"Blondie seems to care about you," Natsu started.

She could smell the cool scent of gel on his hair.

"Of course, we're friends."

"But he doesn't look at you like a friend would look at another friend."

Something about what he said made her want to deny it. She didn't want him to think that she and Sting were more than just friends. She didn't want him to think that she was inlove with someone else.

She wanted to tell him there was only him.

But she couldn't.

Finally, they've reached Dragneel's Lakehouse. Everyone was already running around or taking pictures of the vast area since both of them arrived later.

Everything was green, giving off a nature-y feel. Tall trees were strategically scattered around the ground of green grass. The huge wooden styled cabin situated just beside the clear lake.

Levy was with Gajeel walking near the pump boats, taking pictures with her camera. Cana was checking out the area with Sting, a beer on one of her hands. You can say Erza and Jellal already got along pretty well.

"Alright gang, gather up!" Gray called out as soon as Lucy and Natsu arrived.

They all stopped in front of the cabin's entrance.

"Let's all get in and choose who gets which bed," he said as he opened the carved bronze painted door of the house.

As soon as he did, everyone else flooded in, excited to check everything out and fight to the death to get the bedroom they liked. Even Sting was hyped up the moment they entered.

Lucy walked in last, Natsu following behind her.

It's not like she was unexcited, it was just that she's already been there many times. She didn't have to check out the place, she already knew every corner of it.

She made her way up the elegant wooden staircase and into a familiar bedroom. It was like her feet automatically brought her there.

Lucy opened the door.

Her eyes scanned the room. Still the same. Nothing removed or changed. The same queen-sized bed with a carved wooden headboard matched with white pillows and sheets. The same grey fur carpet scattered on the floor. Same bamboo couch with pink square pillows and many more.

This was her bedroom. This is her room.

And there was no way she could easily forget how the two of them used to cuddle on it. How he would sneak in at night and go to bed with her.

They haven't really done it yet, but that doesn't mean Natsu has never touched her before. He has. They've went as far as having only Lucy's bra and panties on and him on his boxers. Natsu falling asleep on top of her half nude body isn't something so new.

"Your things are still in here," his voice stopped her from reminiscing those memories.

She turned to Natsu who was behind her.

"This cabin has a monthly cleaning. But I especially instructed the domestics to leave this room exactly how it is."

Lucy stared at him. He was never able to let go of her, just as she was never able to let go of him. Even after a long year.

"Okay..." her voice was soft and quiet.

After that, he turned away and started to leave.

But stopped and faced her sideways.

"Hey,"

Lucy looked at him as he finished,

"You still owe me an explanation."